+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My Fitness Routine

Re: My Fitness Routine

Oh I used to take fitness seriously. When I was in my 20's, I lifted weights and had a very physical job. I actually had a six pack and arms that would rival any fit teenage boys. Then I hit 29, had my last child and I can't seem to stick to anything anymore. In my early 30's, I tried pilates but with my back issues, it was just too uncomfortable. Plus, I would giggle through half the class.

Then I had back surgery and gained 30 lbs. Once I was cleared by my doctor, I bought a small trampoline and would dance and jump on it for 15 minutes twice a day. I dropped 25 lbs that way. I did change my diet slightly but the cardio gets most of the credit. And it was FUN! But I just have no motivation anymore. I need a workout buddy.

Right now my fitness plan consists of tv marathons and Milk Duds. But I'm not complaining because my former pancake ass is now nice and round.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yes WW is still counting points. I am allotted 27 a day and another 49 for the week. The first day I went over by 10 but I was deliberately eating the way I normally do just to see what would happen. The second day I ate according to plan and didn't go over but didn't have any points left for all the stuff I still wanted to eat that day. Today I am on schedule to be ok. I am saving up my bonus points because I am going to Garde Manger (Chuck Hughes' restaurant) on Friday....lobster poutine, anyone? I hope that I can motivate myself to start walking at night now that the weather is milder and the sidewalks aren't icy.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I need to do something. My arms which are ordinarily in good shape look rather flabby. I plan on getting to a daily yoga routine. But maybe I need to just do weights and lunges.....so much easier to quantify and be done with. Aside from the the flabby arms everything else is about as good as ever... No complaints. But because of NY age I am concerned about the posture and strength stuff.
    You can do it!

I have started to speed walk.I ran my first 5K 7 years ago, and I hurt my knee. I found a buddy that will walk with me (speed walk that is) It gets the heart rate up, but it doesnt have an impact on my knee.I do miss running though, I sprinted for a few minutes to feel that runners high( sigh) getting old sucks.
    I love yoga, and have loved it for 20 years.
    I love lifting weights, but I dont seem to have the motivation anymore, which is depressing .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I work out a lot... I gained some weight a few years ago due to some meds I was put on. Year after being on them, I decided to stop because of the weight gain. I've lost over 20 lbs and have 10 more to go to get to my goal weight - but I think I'll be really happy with just losing 5 more.

Monday - spin class for an hour then followed by an hour on the elliptical
    Tuesday - hour cardio, hour weight lifting with a trainer
    Wednesday - spin class, sometimes another hour of cardio
    Thursday - hour cardio, hour weight lifting
    Friday - DAY OFF!
    Saturday - varies but at least 90 minutes of cardio
    Sunday - my long runs - 5 - 10 miles

I also like to run and hike (did a four mile mountain hike yesterday) and other things to keep the work outs from getting stale.

I am running my second half marathon next month - one week before I turn 49! =D
    Cootie and Poppy Fields like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

You're inspirational, mesachick. Good luck on your .5 marathon next month!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    You're inspirational, mesachick. Good luck on your .5 marathon next month!
    Thanks Poppy =D
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Good luck on your half, mesachick! I was hoping to do another myself this year but an injury has set me back. Here's hoping you set a new PR.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

At least 10,000 steps a day keeping up with kids in my library.
    Zumba twice a week. A woman has to dance a bit to stay happy.
    Walks with a bit of running mixed in for 5-8 miles twice a week. That is going to increase for the next month as I ramp it up getting ready for my 2nd half marathon in Eugene OR at the end of April.
    I would do more, but the dang rain and snow are getting in my way! Wow, some spring we are having around here!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Hope Spring gets there soon, Cootie. Good luck with your training!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast