+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help: A New Year resolution is in jeopardy

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Need help: A New Year resolution is in jeopardy

Okay...

So one of my 2003 NY resolutions was
    3 - Convince at least 4 people who do not currently watch The Amazing Race to give it a try in February
    TAR didn't air in February but I don't think that that technicality nullifies the resolution.

I have 3 people lined up. I'm in need of a fourth person (I just realized I cannot count my mother as she watched the end of TAR3 after all of my pleading last year....so therefore she would not be a new viewer).

So....I need some FORT help. If there's anyone here that has not watched The Amazing Race in the past and is willing to give it a try next Thursday, May 29 (Survivor time slot), you would help me fulfill this resolution.

Any takers?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Bravo,, its a perfect reason to have a party,, so just have a party and then when a dozen people arrive mention it is an amazing race party, assign each new person a team to root for all season! Or untill they lose! You might get some faithful and at least you will have snacks for the premiere!

Alright, I'm in. I've never watched it before, but I need something to replace American Idol.

I could never have a party on TAR night, I'd be telling people to be quiet all night

To fast paced to worry about trying to entertain!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

You just watch it twice, Cali. That's what we do after every Survivor kickoff party.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie has some good ideas for show kickoff parties. Let's see if I can explain it well.

He gives all of his attendees an envelope, filled with little pieces of paper with a contestant's name on them. Every time that contestant appears on screen, they get to put a piece of paper in the "pot". At the end of the show, they all re-select names and, whoever's name is drawn from the bowl wins the Survivor DVD, right?

Yup. More specifically, you throw a slip into the pot when the name is printed on screen. That keeps things a little less chaotic.

I'm flattered that you remember!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Not only remembered, I told my wife about it, and said that if we had 14 friends, we could do something similar! We're only about 12 short...

I've never watched The Amazing Race but after hearing the raves on this site, I am definitely going to!!

Originally posted by John
    Not only remembered, I told my wife about it, and said that if we had 14 friends, we could do something similar! We're only about 12 short...
    We always have to make people share Survivors. Our kickoff parties are right around 16 participants, usually just a tad over.

And, GG, you're going to have some fun if this is your first TAR!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast