+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best day/worst day to have a birthday

Re: Best day/worst day to have a birthday

My sisters is July 13th and because so many of her friends would be away on summer vacation she had MANY birthdays that were just us 2 and 1 or 2 of her school friends.
    My older daughter's birthday is July 10 and I am discovering that it's going to be challenging to have kid parties at this time. So many people go out of town for the 4th of July holiday. This past year we had her first real birthday party where I invited her little school friends and only 1 came My youngest ended up arriving on Sept 3 so unfortunately for her, her birthday is always going to be around the labor day weekend. My poor kids - LOL
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

My birthday is Sept. 10th and my grandsons is the same day. My sisters is Sept 17th and the little boy I am raising is the 17th also so it is a tough month in Sept. for us. My anniversary is also Sept. 17th. My daughters anniversary is Sept 23rd.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I think 9/11 would be the worst day to have a birthday. Maybe in 50 years it won't be but for right now - not so great. My due date for my youngest daughter was 9/9 and all I could think was - please don't let her arrive on 9/11!!

Also - Feb 29 (unless you can say you age 4x slower than anyone else!! LOL)
    My mother and another very dear friend who has since passed away were both born on 9/11. Yes, it was a horribly tragic day, but what better way to pay tribute to those whose lives were lost than by having that day as your birthday, a day to celebrate life. We can't help when we are born, but we don't have to make certain days worse than others because tragedies occured.

While I still mourn the loss of all those people and think it was one of the worst US tragedies, I refuse to let the terrorists win by letting that day be the worst day ever to have a birthday. Sorry, it's just my 2 cents.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My birthday is toward the end of May - a lovely time of year. Growing up in Ohio, I was able to have outdoor elements to my birthday parties (now I live in New England and it's during black fly season... you do NOT want to be outside then). I love to garden, so between Mother's Day and my birthday, I request garden presents and then I have all of Memorial Day weekend to dig, plant, play in the garden. In fact, my birthday sometimes falls during Memorial Day weekend, so I have a little extra time off.
    I read a parenting article once that said scientifically the best time for a baby to be born was late spring/early summer. It was partly due to the warm weather and partly due to the increased hours of sunlight helping develop the baby's eyes. It said children born late fall/winter were more likely to require glasses. I wonder if there isn't even more to it than that. Mothers with winter babies may be more prone to depression, I would think (seasonal disorder). Being cold your first months of life might not be the best beginnings to learn about the world around you. All that last part is my own speculation, but it makes sense to me. My children were born in March, May, and July so no winter babies for me.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    My older daughter's birthday is July 10 and I am discovering that it's going to be challenging to have kid parties at this time. So many people go out of town for the 4th of July holiday. This past year we had her first real birthday party where I invited her little school friends and only 1 came My youngest ended up arriving on Sept 3 so unfortunately for her, her birthday is always going to be around the labor day weekend. My poor kids - LOL
    I agree - mine is the 9th and it really did suck to not have my friend's around due to the 4th of July holiday and summer time. But now I take the week off from work (5 vacation days and the holiday) so it has worked out so far especially when 4th of July falls in the middle of the week like this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My birthday is toward the end of May - a lovely time of year. Growing up in Ohio, I was able to have outdoor elements to my birthday parties (now I live in New England and it's during black fly season... you do NOT want to be outside then). I love to garden, so between Mother's Day and my birthday, I request garden presents and then I have all of Memorial Day weekend to dig, plant, play in the garden. In fact, my birthday sometimes falls during Memorial Day weekend, so I have a little extra time off.
    I read a parenting article once that said scientifically the best time for a baby to be born was late spring/early summer. It was partly due to the warm weather and partly due to the increased hours of sunlight helping develop the baby's eyes. It said children born late fall/winter were more likely to require glasses. I wonder if there isn't even more to it than that. Mothers with winter babies may be more prone to depression, I would think (seasonal disorder). Being cold your first months of life might not be the best beginnings to learn about the world around you. All that last part is my own speculation, but it makes sense to me. My children were born in March, May, and July so no winter babies for me.
    Interesting Gut! My babies were born in February and December, so I am about as winter as you can get! My maternity leave with my daughter (February) was extremely miserable - at least the first month. I learned my lesson with my son. As soon as I was cleared to drive, he and I went out every day - even if it was just to walk at the mall. It is so easy to just hunker down and not even get dressed if you are home with a baby in the winter, so I made sure to get him (and myself) out so we could see different things and interact with other humans every day. I think that is really important!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12