+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donor question

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Donor question

Okay, this may be a little too heavy for our fun FORT, but I found it to be a fascinating question that one of my coworkers asked today when a few of us were sitting around chatting.

- If an acquaintance asked you and your husband for your husband to be a sperm donor for them what would you say/do?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I guess similar questions would be:

- if they were a friend or relative (as opposed to an acquaintance) would the answer be different

- what if they were asking for donor eggs instead of donor sperm
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

This will never be an issue as I am sure no one wants our genes.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Oh Feifer, now that's not true!

My reaction was I thought it was a weird question to ask an acquaintance. MAYBE it wouldn't be so odd coming from a relative, but an acquaintance???

I understand. It is a very personal thing for a virtual stranger to ask. It is kindof a strange thing for a friend to ask. Family already has some of the same genes, but still a little too odd these days. I am sure everyone will be more comfortable with it in 20yrs.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

labtech
    When I worked at a big teaching hospital several years ago, long before I met tvjunkie one of the doctors that I trained in Neurology ask me to consider being a surrogant mother for him and his wife. At the time I was very young and told them that if I were 10 years older I definitely would but not at 21. I would be more willing to donate eggs before I would consider letting tvjunkie donate sperm. I couldn't stand the thoughts of another woman having his faternal son. We have 2 boys and I would always think about our boys having a brother out there somewhere.

i actually looked into being an egg donor... yes, i'll admit it, for the money...

the problems were (1) you have to be off all birth control (duh) and (2) you have to give yourself daily fertility shots in the thigh or hip in order to produce the greatest possible number of eggs.

i actually would have been more apt to do this if i were not in a relationship at the time. the idea that i could possibly get pregnant with my own personal litter was deterent enough.

but man... per donation, you can get a minimum of 2,500 bucks... and they told me with my coloring, education, blah blah blah, i could make a truckload of money.

yeah yeah, i know. very greedy of me...
    but, i was young and felt really really broke and indebted at the time...

hey, cut me some slack. i didn't do it.

but now. if any of my dear friends asked me for an egg, i would do it in a second. a surrogate though? nope. sorry. i don't want to have children of my own at this point, and the pregnancy seems like the worst part of it.

Very interesting Sher! I had no idea egg donation paid that much money.

after your first donation, which i was told i would get around 4-5k, you can make your asking price pretty much whatever you want. all i kept thinking was, "i can pay off all my debt and school loans if i just do this 3 or 4 times!"

(let me add, you get the $$ free and clear. they family to whom you are donating pays all travel expenses and hospital/doctor fees)

Yeah eggs pay a shitload more money than sperm does, probably because sperm is easier to come (and cum, I suppose) by, and men are probably more willing to give it up. Plus there really isn't anything involved for them, just "Spooge in the cup, please" unlike with women.

I dunno, I dont think anyone would want my eggs. I mean, I don't want them so why would someone else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast