+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donor question

labtech
    I had no idea that egg donors got that much money!
    As far as pregnancy goes , both of mine were very good. The second was a little harder because I had a 1 1/2 year old to keep up with as well as the one I had in the oven. Even both deliveries were fast and not bad. If it was my sister or someone I knew really well I would had definitely considered it up until last year. Now I don't have to worry about getting pregnant myself much less carrying a baby for someone else. I had a hystarectomy last year!! The best thing I have every done.

:crybaby

The only person I would consider at this point having a baby for(besides the hubby) is Sher. This serogate mother thingy would not be for me. The only reason Sher would get in house priveledges is because I would get to see the bambino all the time. I would practactly raise the kiddo while she was working. Who else would she let take care of the babe?

feif,
    the only way i'd have a kid is if you were the next door neighbor nanny!

besides, i can barely tolerate 2 months with the stepkid!

LG.
    Sher, I don't think there is anything wrong with people getting paid to be egg donors because as you pointed out, there is considerable pain and inconvience involved. It takes a special type of woman to be able to go through that and not have the emotional overload that dealing with reproduction involves. Having gone through fertility treatments before my daughter was born I was lucky to never need any donors (and my hubby and I had decided that we'd adopt before doing that) but I know that it gives many people the chance to be parents that they would not otherwise have. It's a very generous and selfless thing to do even if the donors do get paid, so nothing to be ashamed of considering. There are tons of expenses with both fertility treatments and adoptions, unfortunately, but people provided a needed and valuable service should definitely be compensated.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I don't think I could do it. I don't fault anyone for choosing to do it, but it would be really tough for me to do myself.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well said LG!

Personally....I couldn't do it for an acquaintance. For a relative, maybe. Or for a total stranger over an acquaintance.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

This is a subject that is actually very near and dear to my heart these days, as Joey and I are wanting to have children within the next couple of years. Since neither of us can biologically have the child (Wouldn't that be something for The Jerry Springer Show!?!?! ), we've been looking into all our possible options--adoption, surrogacy using the surrogate's own egg(s), and surrogacy using egg(s) from a 3rd party--and it's looking like we're going to try pursue the avenue of having a surrogate carry a child created from the egg of a 3rd party donor and one of our, um, "contributions" (). That being said...Sher, am I a "dear" enough friend that you consider helping us out? (...just kidding, don't worry)

Anyhoo, if anyone is a donor, I don't think they should be ashamed or feel bad for getting paid for it. :nono I could elaborate further, but lurkinggirl has already said what I want to say (and probably much better than I could have)...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Good luck Lobeck!

I agree, I think to be a donor you have to be pretty special.

Going through the infertility treatments Mr. B and I are now is very stressful and painful. I can't imagine being selfless enough to do it for someone I don't even know!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

labtech
    If I was a donor I don't know if I would want to continually see the baby or not. That would make it very hard.

I would donate the egss if i could but you know I could never be a surogate mom because I know I would want to keep the child.
    ~There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Become a donor today!~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast