+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gutmutter

Thread: Astrology

Astrology

Do you pay attention to it? I use it to understand myself and other people.

I am Aries through and through. I want to have my Christmas shopping done NOW. Husband is a cancer. Good luck to me.

I might even just get pure joy fromsaying Now, now, now, now. Just so you know. In case you have to deal with an Aries.
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Astrology

I think it's interesting to read about. I don't know that I believe all of it.

I'm a Capricorn. Many of the traits used to describe Capricorns fit me, but then some of the traits in other signs fit me, too.

I love my sign's gemstone (garnet) and flower (carnation).

My mom was an Aries and I've read that's a sign I clash with. I can say that's true in my experience! My best friend in high school was an Aquarius, which is supposed to be a compatible sign for me.

I think compatibility most applies to romantic relationships (where communication issues become more apparent. I think we can be a lot kinder to our platonic friends....because there is no questioning of our own identities.

Neiceand nephewsare capricorns (born on the same day one after the other). They do have different personalities. The few Aries I know do have my traits. The virgos, cancers and libras I know all carry their dominant traits without exception.

So your mother must say NOWWWW. She does it not to hurt you...just to satisfy some internal driver.
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Actually, my mother never was about saying to do something "right now". One of her favorite expressions was "We'll just play it by ear", which drove me crazy because I wanted a definite decision made. I wanted to know "yes, you can do what you're asking to do" (like spend the night at a friend's house) or "no, you can't do what you're asking", instead of waiting to see what happens, based on her mood.

I think she did not want to be pinned down. If you are going some place she must take you there, pick you up and evaluate whether they are nice to begin with. The last of which would be the hardest task. And it would be one I would wait on. I would not hand my daughter to just anyone. Some parents could use bad language around you, or not be safe enough. Just because a child likes someone doesn't make that person a nice person. As a person who is around young adults, I always tell them to surround themselves by good people. There are some life lessons I believe are better of bypassed. (perhaps it is my cancer mother acting out through me)

I never tell anyone to do something. I will do it myself. If husband doesn't get that gift thing done, I am going to go ahead and do it myself so I can get my gifts in the mail Saturday.
    Last edited by Lizard; 12-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    You can do it!

I used to follow it and the Gemini traits fit me to a T, but then they changed the signs and I became something else. That really put my nose out of joint and I don't follow it at all anymore. I don't even know if the newspapers and magazines use the new or the old version. I have a great story about when my daughter was born... her due date would have made her a Gemini but because of complications they wanted to induce birth on the last day of Taurus. A friend felt vehemently that changing her sign would mess her up for life. I asked for and received a sign that it was ok. That part makes the story longer so I'll just leave it at that. She's very well-adjusted.
    I guess I believe in it enough still, that if I was entering a new romance, I'd consult an old book I have about sign compatability. I wish I had done that before I married my ex.
    Lizard likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I believe the old applies. Hmmmmm it might relate to planetary positions at conception...and we use the birth date because that is easiest to know. If you do that, pull natal charts too.
    You can do it!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

There are 2 things that annoy me about astrology. One is that some people think it's a polite social topic for small talk. Someone one asks my sign. I tell them. They immediately say, "I knew it!" OK, why ask me then? I might add no one has ever said, "Hey, I'm guessing you're a Pisces. Am I right?"

The other thing that bothers about horoscopes is that some people actually base their financial decisions on them. There are people who literally believe clumps of rocks and ice and gravel floating around in pockets of cosmic gas can actually influence the performance of their stocks or their liklihood of winning the lottery.

It takes all the patience I can muster to listen to them expound on the subject.

Astrology is nonsense at best, and it is an absurd way to categorize people.

I have a great story about when my daughter was born... her due date would have made her a Gemini but because of complications they wanted to induce birth on the last day of Taurus. A friend felt vehemently that changing her sign would mess her up for life.
    Estimated due dates are tenuous--the actual due date is the date that the baby is darn good and ready to be born.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

In my 20s and 30s, I did say it was silly.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread