+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HCG diet support

Re: HCG diet support

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Thanks, I will look forward to that link. I couldnt find a good forum.
    Sending it now. The site wouldn't open last night.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

My sister lost over 100 lbs. on this diet. She did not use injectible HCG, but the sublingual drops. She had to do the whole program 4 times to achieve this, and it did require a lot of discipline. The maintenance phase (only 500 calories daily) was particularly difficult for her. But, those drops (10-48 of them) can make you lose 1 to 3 lbs. in 24 hours.

I'm wondering how using this hormone (by whichever method) would impact peri-menopausal/menopausal women? Might that not send mixed signals to the endocrine system? I'm afraid of things like increased risk of breast/reproductive system cancers. Maybe it's better for women still in their reproductive years...I've looked and can't find any info...anyone know?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    My sister lost over 100 lbs. on this diet. She did not use injectible HCG, but the sublingual drops. She had to do the whole program 4 times to achieve this, and it did require a lot of discipline. The maintenance phase (only 500 calories daily) was particularly difficult for her. But, those drops (10-48 of them) can make you lose 1 to 3 lbs. in 24 hours.
    They diet is 500 calories, maintanence is not. You gradually move yourself up to more.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    They diet is 500 calories, maintanence is not. You gradually move yourself up to more.
    Sorry! That is right. The 500 calorie part, for her, was a month long. I think it's 21-40 days? Anyhow, the maintenance part was only 800 calories a day and that was also pretty tough.

My sister when on this diet with medical supervision. The next step for her if it did not work was bariatric surgery. She was 275 lbs. (5'6") at the time. She is still losing weight, but not on this diet anymore.

Good Luck to Shoepie and anyone else in the process of looking to lose weight.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kudos to anyone who can do 500 calories a day. In my younger days I have done 500 but no way now could I do it. My blood sugar fluctuates to much. Good luck on the diet Shoepie.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I suspect that a 500 calorie/day diet has more to do with the weight loss than urine injections
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I suspect that a 500 calorie/day diet has more to do with the weight loss than urine injections
    First, it's not "urine injections". The HCG is a natural hormone found in your body. It's a hormone, not urine.

Second, if you were to eat 500 calories alone, you'd be starving and unhealthy. The HCG burns the fat already stored in your body. I wasn't ever hungry, weak, or worn down on this diet. No "starvation" symptoms, ever. In fact, as I said earlier, I haven't ever felt better in my life. I feel so much more awake on a daily basis and have so much more energy. I felt that way on the diet and now off. I've been off the plan since June.

And it's not just any 500 calories a day. You can't just eat 500 calories worth of junk full of empty calories and call it a day. It's good whole foods. 2 fruits, 2 veggies, and 2 servings of lean protein a day. I didn't count calories. I ate my servings of protein and fruit and filled up on veggies. Never measured my veggies, just ate till I was full.

Dr. Simeons (the original) does not state how many calories you should eat during the 3 week maintenance phase. Still no starch or sugar but you're free to increase your calories and fat. The goal is to maintain your loss, within a 4 pound range (+/-2). There are many different versions of this diet out there now... so I'm guessing that's where she got the 800 calories on maintenance from... but I persoanlly followed the original plan as written in Pounds and Inches.
    Last edited by MissiS; 10-10-2011 at 04:01 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    You have to read about it to understand. There is no hunger and you do not lose muscle as you would without the shot. It goes after fat. There is plenty to read about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast