+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Insomnia Anyone???

I was so glad to see this thread resurrected! I've been up since 2:15 a.m. this morning . . .after getting to sleep around midnight! I laid there for about an hour, and then just decided to quit "fighting" to go back to sleep. Got up, went outside and got in the hot tub for a while, went in and watched Love Boat on TV (o.k. - there weren't many choices at 3 a.m.!), got ready and went to work early this morning.

I really like the "drawer" idea and plan on trying it out tonight if I need it.

One question about Melatonin. Isn't that a natural medicine? How can I find out if it interacts with any of the prescription meds I am on right now to try to regulate the migraine I have had since March?
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Just a question: is there any difference between insomia and just being a natural night owl?

Dex
    I just came across this article which says light exercise in the morning may make sleep at night easier. However the study was done on older women, so I'm not sure whether it applies to others. Anyhow, it's worth a read.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...itness_sleep_3

Rab
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Just a question: is there any difference between insomia and just being a natural night owl?
    If you're a night owl you tend to be sleepy in the morning hours and gradually become active as the day progresses until it's nighttime. An insomniac wants to be get to sleep at a certain time but can't (I think). I'm at my prime in the morning and get tired by the late afternoon.

I can't sleep after watching R-rated movies or playing scary videogames but that's about it.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Means I'm a night owl, then. I don't really get sleepy until around 11 pm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234