+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Aging - As the Violin, the Wine, & the Silver - We Get Better

Re: Aging - As the Violin, the Wine, & the Silver - We Get Better

I've been lucky. I have blonde hair & always have. So far no grey at all & I'm getting to the point where I almost have to appologize for that.
    I've told my beautician that when it does show up, I'm dyeing it.

I can imagine myself at 95 saying "Aaaaakkk! I's here! Quick dye it. I don't want anyone to think I'm old!"
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Skin loses pigment as we age ... and so a stark contrast between skin and hair color ... confirms that we are aging and also that we colored our hair. It makes us look older. Gray hair is a gift of nature.

Lighter hair ... such as Blonde and gray hair serve to frame and soften the *gulp* aging face.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I have blonde hair, I love getting it done .I love a deep golden colour during the fall, with copper highlights
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'll be a redhead forever.
    Hyper likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I was a natural blonde, then when I was in my 30's my hair darkened so I lightened it. Clairol. About 5 years ago I stopped lightening it and to my surprise, instead of showing dark roots, a little grey mixed in my hair and it is now a very pretty shade of light blonde. Almost, but not quite platinum. Strange, but I'm lovin' it!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I am getting more interested in make up lately.

I have been using Smashbox concealer in a stick....like it because it does not get on my hands.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We all get to things at different times in our lives....like you recently getting to make-up. All things in time, Grasshopper (remember Kung-Fu?)

I have spent quite a bit of time, on this gray and rainy day, reveling in this thread. It has been very enjoyable! It takes me back to my high school days' pajama parties. I went to an all girls school (Catholic) and we were very close. It was wonderful to hang out and talk about girl stuff. We did this once a year as a fund raiser. Some of our classmates are still getting together for dinner once/month.

I think a huge component of aging is genetics and moisturizing. I do believe in a quality product. I always look super-better when I moisturize, and I scare myself when I don't! Luckily, I come from a family of good skin. I've always been a minimalist when it comes to make-up. I may not look my age, but I KNOW my age....and I seldom discuss numbers of ANY kind. An older woman at the nail shop, the other day, was telling me a story and she said, "But you're still young....." I said, "Compared to what???" We let that drop!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have aged really bad the last 5yrs or so. Used to be when I told someone my age they would be surprised because I looked much younger. Now they're surprised because they think I'm older. The funny thing is, my life got less stressful and I started aging rapidly. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't take this wrong....how's your skin?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've always felt that I wasn't very wrinkled for 67, and attributed it to two things: 1) I've never smoked; and 2) I'm not skinny, so the fat fills out the wrinkles from underneath.

While riding in the front passenger seat today, the bright sun was coming in my window. I had my visor down and looked up into the mirror and was surprised at how many wrinkles I saw. I said to my husband, "this bright sun makes me look really wrinkled." His response? "I'm thinkin' you'll never look into the visor mirror on a bright sunny day again."

He's absolutely right. I snapped it shut, and I'm not going there again!

+ Reply to Thread