+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Aging - As the Violin, the Wine, & the Silver - We Get Better

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: Aging - As the Violin, the Wine, & the Silver - We Get Better

I've never worn a bikini or even a two-piece. That's just me out there in my bra and underwear. If a strange man walked up to me and said, "I'd really like to see you in your bra and underwear", he'd be a perv, right? To me the beach was full of pervs. No free shows from this chick. The bathing suit I have now is a one piece with an attached skirt. Very demure and modest. I know my Mom was smiling down when I bought it. I don't rock it, but it's not really a "rock-able" type of suit.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Last year I bought two bathing suits because we bought a house with a pool. I love them...they're basically the same, a cute top that long and the bottom has an adorable tiny kicky skirt (w/a two-piece bottom that you can't see). They're the same only different color/patterns, fit like a dream and cover my yucky part....midriff/tummy that never went back to it's pre-pregnancy look. Finally!!!! a suit I feel good/attractive in but modern and comfortable.
    Nothing worse than swimsuit-buying/trying on experience but this time, it was great.

Now if I owned a swimsuit (or any clothing store) I'd install mirrors that made you look thinner, taller and add beautiful lighting. I'd be very rich!! And a lot of women would remember how they looked in my changing rooms and go out in their new clothes feeling confident. I really think confidence in yourself is the very best attribute a woman can have. If you think you're hot stuff, so will everyone else.

I have lots of bathing suits from the past couple of decades. I wear one about once every two years. I am not sure what they even look like on.

I have a weird two piece my cousin bought me from Walmart for $12 that I have not worn. I think I might wear that next time I am out. Lately, I am getting very sentimental. It might be going into my childhood (safeness) mode.
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-13-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Booya!

I still wear bikinis, too! I'm 5'5" and 120 lbs. At 61, I look different than I did at 30. I feel that if people are srutinizing me so closely that they see my cellulite and ancient stretch marks, they're earned whatever nausea they experience!
    and ya know what? We can just sit back and laugh at THEM....because one day, they'll be in our shoes (never fails) and they will remember. Take that HaHa!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

They dont know whats coming LOL

I was watching the beauty pageant. And I was remembering what it is like to be 20 something. I thought everything was glamorous. I loved parties because it gave me a reason to make a dress. Perhaps I was really making a mini nest.

The difference between twenty something and forty something is the reflection. I really did not reflect on much in my twenties. And I guess I did not do that much in my thirties. I think thirties was most stressful (thinking are things going to be ok? Acknowledging that I was not going to have babies. I tear now thinking about it. It is fine. That was the way things have been meant to be. And God is good. But it was an undercurrent of the 30s that I did not speak of then.

I guess there is not a specific under current of the forties...oh yeah, other than me whining than I am afraid of losing my mother. She is 70 and in good health. But even in print, that is pretty clear. I want her to be with me forever. And the health thing...wanting to stay in good health.

So do I get better with time...or do I find ways to whine more loudly? I think you know the answer..
    Last edited by Lizard; 01-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.
    You can do it!

Just returned from a 2 week cruise to Australia/New Zealand. On the cruise, you get the big push from the Spa people.
    I got caught up in a visit there with this beautiful English girl esthetician...who was so good she talked me into buying some products for skin care (that she was promoting). Afterwards, I felt silly, having let someone play on my discouragement about my older skin and the effects of old age on it.
    But I started using the products and lordy, I was totally blown away! What an improvement since using them. I"m not easily impressed but this really proved me wrong.
    I don't find them to be any more expensive than a lot of the products on the market (big department store types)...meaning, they're expensive but not out of line compared to others.
    Then after we returned, I found them at other high end stores like Nordstrom. Wonder why I never heard about it before then.
    If interested, please PM if you want to know what it is.
    I don't think we're allowed to "advertise" here on FORT.
    I also know of a lash lengthener that really really works. I've used it and mine are ridiculously long....look fake. But it is expensive.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

63 and I've yet to wear a bikini. Still, there's time...
    prhoshay likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    63 and I've yet to wear a bikini. Still, there's time...
    A number of years ago now, my dog and I were in a local magazine as part of an article about pet therapy at nursing homes. Several photos of him and various residents appeared in the article (he's very hammy, and the other animals weren't quite so happy to be photographed). Anyway, the first time we visited after the magazine was published, one of the ladies who had posed with him turned to my dog and said, "Well, we did it. It took me until 83, but I finally made centerfold!"

There's always still time....
    prhoshay, Uncle David and Lizard like this.

Menopause has set in and my arms are getting thicker. In general I am more relaxed than before. There were a lot of transitions going on for me at the time of perimenopause.

I am accepting my new look. I do need to get back to exercising though.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread