+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Aging - As the Violin, the Wine, & the Silver - We Get Better

Re: Aging - As the Violin, the Wine, & the Silver - We Get Better

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/v/S_vVUIYOmJM

Top anti-aging beauty secret revealed!!!
    Finally, the secret's OUT!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

"fauxtanical hydro-jargon" The whole thing was great; thanks for posting it, Poppy Fields.

(confession: I edit photos before sharing on facebook, and use the teeth-whitening effect often! )
    Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I am just glad to still be around no matter how old I am getting! But I resent the prejudging done by those younger who take one look at you, note that your'e "old" and relegate you to the corner, so to speak. I do realize the irony in all this as I thought the same thing when I young. Now I am sorry and I dont like it.
    As a fat woman who likes to go to the beach anyway, I'm actually pretty happy having the young people ignore my existence.
    nennie, SugarMama and Fanny Mare like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    As a fat woman who likes to go to the beach anyway, I'm actually pretty happy having the young people ignore my existence.
    I don't go to the beach often. No real beaches here & the Summers are short. When I went on vacation to a Beach State, I was appalled at how I looked in the mirror while swimsuit shopping. Age had taken it's toll: Sags, lumps, dents, ripples, back fat, white pasty skin & relocation of weight (that whole thick-in-the-middle thing) that didn't used to be there before even though my weight wasn't that much more (it was more though). I didn't buy & went home depressed & ashamed.
    Then I thought about it. Yes I was older, yes I was a bit heavier, yes my legs hadn't seen the light of day in years. So what?!? Everybody changes with age & all in all I still looked pretty darned good for my age & was willing to put on a swimsuit. And none of those beach people were ever going to see me again anyhow & didn't look perfect either. I accepted myself like I was.
    So I went back & found one that didn't make me look younger, firmer or thinner, but looked good on me just the way I am. Definitely not an old lady suit, but age appropriate (Tankinis hide a lot & flatter other stuff).
    Who cares that we don't look 21 anymore? We're NOT 21 anymore. Accept ourselves & have fun.
    Life's not a competition.
    prhoshay and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post

At 61 I still wear a bikini.I am not overweight.I do have cellulite and many other flaws I care not a wit. I am conformable in my skin as well.
    cablejockey and lopevian like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't swim, so fortunately, I've never had to worry about the whole swimsuit issue. Besides, beaches aren't exactly a prominent feature of South Dakota.

I don't have a problem continuing to wear shorts in my fifties, however. I don't wear sleeveless tops much, but I never did--not because of what I looked like in them but because I sunburn so easily that unless it's really, really hot, I'd just rather wear something short-sleeved and have less exposed skin to worry about covering in sunscreen.

I do not, however, care in the slightest that I'm not going to tan--I just don't tan the way other people do and never will and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm going to wear shorts anyway, and if people can't deal with my pale legs, it's their problem, not mine.
    lopevian and Fanny Mare like this.

I dont tan either.I have white legs. I use a self tanner on my legs and arms, just a little. I love my shorts

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    At 61 I still wear a bikini.I am not overweight.I do have cellulite and many other flaws I care not a wit. I am conformable in my skin as well.
    Booya!

I still wear bikinis, too! I'm 5'5" and 120 lbs. At 61, I look different than I did at 30. I feel that if people are srutinizing me so closely that they see my cellulite and ancient stretch marks, they're earned whatever nausea they experience!
    lopevian and Fanny Mare like this.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I love it. Ya'll are all fantastic!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Booya!

I still wear bikinis, too! I'm 5'5" and 120 lbs. At 61, I look different than I did at 30. I feel that if people are srutinizing me so closely that they see my cellulite and ancient stretch marks, they're earned whatever nausea they experience!
    Thats how I feel. I earned everything on my body, scars and all

+ Reply to Thread