+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm SO lazy....

It's sensei time! Masai & Pygmie's Avatar
    I'm so lasy...I have a remote for our other remotes. It's called Leap Frog - it lasers the other laser controls!
    "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." -- Henry David Thoreau

I'm so lazy sometimes I let my groceries sit on the tabletop for a few hours before putting thme away! Not the cold stuff, of course.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    I'm so lazy that I don't even have to tell my husband anymore when I need more water or need a book or the remote or something. I just have to point.

I'm not sure what the biggest sign of laziness is at my house, the stack of dirty work clothes where I come in from work and sit down at the computer and take em off so there's a pile right next to my desk (yeah yeah yeah I'm a dirty clothes tosser monster). OR the thing with the empty roll of toilet paper where I don't replace it but just take out another roll and keep it sitting on top of the counter just above the empty one on the spindle, repeat this as necessary until I get motivated enough (or have company) so that I actually put it on the spindle.

I need to get out more bloonman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Shayla
    Aw. I completely can relate. I procrastinated my undergraduate thesis until the last possible minute and wrote the whole thing (100 pages, plus endnotes, plus proper formatting) in 4 days. Granted, that time period doesn't include research. My master's thesis was similarly procrastinated.

The above just described my entire high school and college careers. I knew lots of people that started those big assignments (usually due in 6 weeks) the following day. Not me. I'd wait until a couple of days before one was due, then work like crazy. Never could shake this habit. Of course, I was salutatorian in high school, so it wasn't too detrimental, I guess.

"I have abandoned my search for truth, and am now looking for a good fantasy." ~ Ashleigh Brilliant

Ohhhhhhhh...a fellow tp non-changer. I was actually ashamed to admit that one, but since someone else did, I will too! I actually do like having a neat house, but for some reason the tp thing always gets me. Maybe I think I have better portion control than yanking it out and ripping it off the spindle.

I do, however, take all the rolls out of the package and stack them very neatly in under the counter - 3 stacks of 4 and when one stack is uneven I spread the top row out so it's even. I guess that's prolly for the OCD thread though.

FORT Fogey
    Actually, I'm a work-a-holic at work - I work full-time and go to school full-time (or at least I did until a couple of weeks ago) and got Souma Cum Laude and Honors in college and do everything ASAP when it is assigned. However, when I'm at home, I basically plop down on a couch with a book or at the computer and I don't get up until it's time for bed. My husband gets me water, cooks for me, etc. and I turn into a vegetable. I don't know why I'm only lazy at home...

Originally posted by Shayla
    I procrastinated my undergraduate thesis until the last possible minute and wrote the whole thing (100 pages, plus endnotes, plus proper formatting) in 4 days. ... My master's thesis was similarly procrastinated.
    This is my master's thesis, and I finished all the other course work now; but this is surely a test of my motivation. I got so ashamed after posting about it here though that I actually did some work on it today! I need 533 more words before I hit minimum length for the first installment. (Yes, I know how pathetic that sounds!) Okay, no more posting for me til I write another 200 words.

edit 15 minutes later: woohoo! 200 words later and I can post again.
    Last edited by blindart; 06-22-2003 at 04:41 PM.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by AnnaRHR
    I'm so lazy that I don't even have to tell my husband anymore when I need more water or need a book or the remote or something. I just have to point.
    You make it sound like you're royalty.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Leo
    You make it sound like you're royalty.
    You're right! I guess I have a really nice husband. But I have an excuse (for now), because I'm pregnant... Then, I'll have to be productive in front of the baby so I don't set a bad example...

+ Reply to Thread