+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter

Twitter

I hope this is the right place to put this thread..If not...MODS I do apologize and please remove

but here is the deal..I am new to using twitter..and was wondering how do you find people that like star gazing ..astronomy..or share the same like for the authors you like to read...I have tried doing searches but I guess I am doing it wrong....are there groups on there like on facebook that you join like facebook for people that share the same likes and so on
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Twitter

Good luck...I just don't get Twitter. I'm sure there must be some appeal or so many wouldn't love it. I've just not found the Twitter-Love (yet ) Maybe I'll get some education and/or inspiration in this thread!

I think it's a good idea to start this thread
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Twitter uses hashtags to create "groupings," without providing for special interest groups on the service. This might be of help to you:

Twitter Fan Wiki / Hashtags
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Twitter uses hashtags to create "groupings," without providing for special interest groups on the service. This might be of help to you:

Twitter Fan Wiki / Hashtags
    mmmmmmmm sounds complicated...or else I am just not getting it..lol

are we allowed to post our tweeter names here in this thread only for those that use twitter so we can add each other

You're allowed to put any type of contact info in your profile if you want, but not post it in threads or signatures.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    You're allowed to put any type of contact info in your profile if you want, but not post it in threads or signatures.
    THANKS I am still in the process of trying to figure out how the entire thing works..I have been looking for star trek groups...JD Robb groups and Astronomy groups but no such luck yet

lol, I still don't get the point. I asked my teens today what they thought of Twitter. They said they'd signed up for accounts but didn't really see the point. Guess we're just "off the information highway" or something like that.

Facebook and email works just fine for us. What are we missing?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    lol, I still don't get the point. I asked my teens today what they thought of Twitter. They said they'd signed up for accounts but didn't really see the point. Guess we're just "off the information highway" or something like that.

Facebook and email works just fine for us. What are we missing?
    lol..well I asked my 14 year old and she told me how to search for star trek fans...lol...I should have known just to ask her in the first place..hee hee like your kids she says she has one but doesn't use it..she says all the kids text off F/B...go figure....all I wanted to do is hook up with people who like some of the things I do...like the star gazing..star trek..and nora roberts/jd robb books and aninmal rescue groups..and of course people that watch the trainwrecks like the bachelor and survivor..those are the only reality shows I watch...since LOST is off the air wouldn't do any good to look for it..but I was just thinking that there maybe some people and groups out there for the show "V"
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 03-19-2011 at 12:22 AM.

I'm reading the whole Jd Robb series right now! I have no twitter account and have never really wanted one. The whole idea of sending something out for every step I take in life is just too much for me. My son who is 18 says Twitter is for silly people with no lives....... (I guess that could be me but shhhh don't tell!)
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I'm reading the whole Jd Robb series right now! I have no twitter account and have never really wanted one. The whole idea of sending something out for every step I take in life is just too much for me. My son who is 18 says Twitter is for silly people with no lives....... (I guess that could be me but shhhh don't tell!)
    I have been reading Nora Roberts for years and years..in fact I named my daughter from the very first book of hers I read called Once More with Feeling and the main female lead was named Raven

I am waiting for the latest Indulgence in Death to come out in paper back...me and my mom just started reading the JD Robb books about 2 years ago and totally fell in love with those characters..

in fact two years ago at the MTV awards one of the girls can't rememeber who was very pregnant and dressed in this bright purple thing with her hair purple and then purple lift shoes and my first thougt was wow...she could be Mavis...lol...a lot of people write to her and ask questions about the jd robb books and you can find the answers on her web site...I won't say anything because I dont' know how far into the series you are...

my main purpose for getting the twitter was being able to chat with people from everywhere who shared some of my same interests and being able to talk about them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast