+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you won the BIG lottery

Re: What would you do if you won the BIG lottery

IF by some remote chance I did win, I would insure that my future was secure, and then take care of my family and their futures and also become a philanthropist.

I'd share with my collective family (yes, that includes you, MRD, and others!) and would try to set up homeless shelters, as well as our retirement home.

My husband and I have also discussed this. We don't play so we won't win but it's fun to think up stuff to spend it on!

First thing we'd do is finish remodeling our home and pay off the mortgage. Then we would pick a family who needs a home (someone who wouldn't destroy it) and just give it to them. Then we'd build our dream home in the country. Then MY dream could begin.

I would build several large heated barns because I want to run a pet business. I want to groom and board beloved pets. I also want to rescue dogs. I'd take cats, too, but dogs have my heart. I'd get them proper medical care and I'd train them then try to find good homes for them. If I couldn't find homes for all of them, then they could live out their days with us. I'd also have goats because I love goats...

I'd pay off mortgages of close friends and help them out a bit. Give them a little cushion in their bank accounts.

As for my kids, I wouldn't just hand them over money. I like the idea of a trust fund they receive when they are 30. That's time for them to grow up. Of course I'd pay for college but they wouldn't get a load of money to just blow on stupid stuff.

I'd donate money to the school systems in our county.

Of course I'd buy cars and take a dream vacation. Probably just travel while our house is being built.. I'd also do some serious shopping. Designer handbags are my passion. And I love shoes.

My husbands family would get a chunk but my family...eh. There is lots of crazy and substance abuse so I really don't know how I would handle that. I'm sure I'd help them but no way would I just fork over cash.

I'd also put some into a savings account for the holidays. I would hit every giving tree in town and donate holiday meals to needy families. I'd buy coats for kids, toys for toys for tots....all of those holiday charities.

I'd invest the rest.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Castle just had an episode on this....his theory is it just magnifies who you really are.... Also that there are 5 "stages of winning", with stage one being "buying"!

FORT Fogey

I must be incredibly dull. Before I bought anything, I'd put it in the bank and consult with a lawyer about exactly what this was going to do to my tax situation.

First thing I would do would to be to thank God that I won--second would be to thank Him for the fact that I have no friends in real life, and very little family.
    Then I'd pay the tax on the money, like tilden.
    Then I would lay down and do NOTHING for just as long as I wanted to.
    After that I'd probably pay off my sib's houses, ake sure mom and Dad had whatever they wanted, and that a few of my OL friends got bailed out. After that, it would be awhile before i did much, but i would not blow a bunch on luxury items. more likely, the only thing I'd blow money on would be a nice SMALL house on enough acreage for a fun farm with no neighbors in earshot (probably in the Pac-NW) and a summer cabin in Alaska.
    Last edited by queenb; 02-10-2011 at 01:33 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenb, would that summer cabin in Alaska have guest rooms?

Now I'm seriously considering playing the lottery.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4190131;
    Now I'm seriously considering playing the lottery.
    lol, go for it! The odds are so astronomical, only $1 is necessary, but I tell my husband: If you don't get a ticket, you don't even have a chance. So we get one.

It's not like we're gambling addicts (yikes, for some that's a problem!), we don't sacrifice our kids lunch money or the electric bill to buy tickets. But I think of the $2 a week as buying two chances at the Lottery instead of that fast-food cheeseburger.

Oh, and I personally know someone who won $20 million and one who won $175,000 .... so it can happen! Just don't count on it.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Oh, I could spare the couple of bucks a week... it's just not in my routine/habit. Maybe once the weather warms up a little, I'll start an exercise routine of walking to the corner store to get a ticket. I think our state has enough different lotteries that I could get quite fit hitting one a day. In our state, the store selling the ticket gets a percentage, and the little Korean family running our store would be a good recipient should I win.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast