+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angry Birds

CCL

Re: Angry Birds

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hubby's addicted to those damn birds and pigs. He just downloaded Rio, and I believe, judging from the sounds coming from his iPod Touch in the other room, he's feeding his addiction right now. But what do I know? The games on my laptop (saving up for an iPad -- which I want to use for business, but business has to pick up more for me to justify the purchase) are Boggle, Scrabble, and Jeopardy!. (As one of my "tutees" said: your husband has the shooting games, and you have the thinking games.)
    Ooh, I have Scrabble on my ipad - I love to play it. I wonder if they have a Jeopardy app? Probably do. Is that how you play it on your laptop? Or do you have a non-app version?

I was late to the Angry Birds scene too. I downloaded the free app and finished the levels there. I've downloaded the seasons version (not the regular one) but I've not started on it yet.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Oh god, I need a 12 step program
    . I am not a game player and now I know why. I think I might also have angry bird finger.

GA it was an iPhone app originally, but you can get it for other devices. On iPhone, using physics is an option because you can tilt the phone to help.

Ellen have you tried Alchemy? I got addicted to that first. You get to make things by combining compounds and elements. Some are silly, but figuring out what to make is fun. I made tequila and thought I had discovered the meaning of life!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Only on the iPhones and some Android phones. I tried it and didn't see the allure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Ooh, I have Scrabble on my ipad - I love to play it. I wonder if they have a Jeopardy app? Probably do. Is that how you play it on your laptop? Or do you have a non-app version?
    I play "Jeopardy!" on my laptop (MacBook White), non-app, which I got through the Apple Store online.

I don't have an iPad yet (I'm saving up for one); my hubby has an iPod Touch, but I don't. He just got the Boggle app, and it's really cool, because you can shake the letters! Can't do that with a laptop...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

CCL

Thanks - I've got to look for that. I don't know if I could get the boggle app - I find the letters won't get out of my head, and I'm walking down the street hours later still thinking up words. But that's just me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I too am an Angry Birds addict. The game amuses me to no end.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm an addict. I have Angry Birds, Seasons, and the new one, Rio...plus all the free trial ones you can get.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't get this game. I mean I get how you play it but I don't see how you get hooked on it

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't get this game. I mean I get how you play it but I don't see how you get hooked on it
    Maybe in the minority, but you're not alone. "Shoot and hit" games don't hold my interest at all. However, word games and "Jeopardy!" and the like? Yeah, different story completely!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Maybe in the minority, but you're not alone. "Shoot and hit" games don't hold my interest at all. However, word games and "Jeopardy!" and the like? Yeah, different story completely!
    I'm a word game person to. I love scrabble. I play a lot on Pogo.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12