+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have any fun vacations planned?

Have any fun vacations planned?

Since the summer is approaching I thought I'd see where people are planning to relax and recreate.

I think this summer only holds one trip for us at this point. We always go to Austin, TX to visit my bro-in-law and his family. We'll probably spend a lot of time at their house on Lake LBJ which means lots of boating, swimming, BBQing and Canasta!!

Last year was our non-stop travel summer: Caribbean cruise in March, Phoenix in May, Hawaii in June, Seattle in July, Austin in August and Vegas in November! Ah, it was a good year...:cool:

We don't have anything actually planned firm yet, but we're going to try to get to Las Vegas (our first time), and we always go up to Traverse City at least once per year for a long weekend.

And maybe not on this year's agenda, but I want to get down to the British Virgin Islands and charter a sailboat for a few days.

Wow, Molly! You were really non-stop last summer. I can only hope that I'll have a traveling summer like that one year.

No traveling plans here. Some friends are getting married in Jamaica early next year, so were saving for that. Summer in Milwaukee is always a blast with all the festivals going on, so I don't have a problem staying here. Maybe I'll fork over the cash and buy myself a ticket for the Harley 100 year anniversary.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Since I live in Orlando, Fl., I hardly think a week in upstate NY and the Jersey shore constitutes a "vacation"... maybe we'll add a few days in Acadia Park (Maine) just so it actually feels, and sounds like a vacation!

ah summer...love it.

Yeah my boyfreind and I are going away for a week (I'm suppose to be surprised) his sister told me though (haha I'm glad)
    to Aruba (this better be right)!!

I'm taking my daughter on a trip for an early b-day present with a couple of her friends somewhere nice. I am not sure where yet.

I was thinking Disney would be fun. I love it there. I'll hang out with her God Mother and they can take off.

We are going to visit family in AZ for a week.

I'll be at the beach every weekend that is nice. I could live on the ocean.

Finally starting to get and stay nice here. Been a really crappy winter!

have fun to all.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Thanks, Molly! My family all goes at least twice a year, we've just never gone with them.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    We're going to Myrtle Beach next month for a week with the family. It's only an hour or so from Wilmington, NC where my sister lives so we can take a day to visit her family. Weird as it sounds my brother is taking the same week to go to the same place. I only found that out when he told me he was taking Mom along with them to spend time with my sister. I only hope this family trip works out better than the last one with the big blow up. My two youngest still aren't on the best of terms.

In October my husband goes on his annual salmon fishing trip to Wellston, MI and I'm heading to Gaylord to visit with my daughter. I may have to go sooner. She's expecting and I'm suppose to help with the other kids. You know the old saying about the best laid plans, so I'm kind of open on when I'll be going.

Other than that, I'll probably be spending my time at the ball diamond like I do most summers.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Last summer it was a Med cruise and Eastern Europe land tour.
    Summers prior to that it was Scandaniva (sp) and Russia. China was great too. Alaska and the Caribbean. But this year I'm going to tour my own state of California. Starting at the Golden Gate Bridge and heading south. Winchester Mystery House, Monterey, Hearst Castle, Getty museum, Hollywood, and lots of time in the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park.
    Some day I'll get to Africa.

I'm jealous of you all! My vacation will be in my 1990 Buick because that's where my money is going. Going to the AI2 tour show will be my one day vacation in Albany, NY. I have a black and white photography class starting in September, so I plan to make little day trips around my area to practice taking pictures. Now that school is out I will take my mega info to the instructor and asked him to decipher part of the info.

The last vacation I took was to the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. The mountains, valleys, and cavern were lovely!

Wow, Molly. I can't wait until I'm shacked up, just for the opportunity to ask you for romantic vacation ideas.

So far I've been a lone traveler, which is not fun when you're in some places in Asia and it's looked down upon for a woman to travel alone. It's also not fun to be alone in a hotel on New Year's Eve with dysentary. True story--I was alone in a room with a total dork named dysentary.

Actually, I've liked traveling alone, but am now patient enough to consider companionship. (There's that "actually." Guess I can't count on wrangling fluff into a weekend escapade. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast