+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping SOS Please Help!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Shopping SOS Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4083974;
    Critical, I love Coldwater Creek too; I have gotten some huge deals from the outlet!

Mary, also check Avenue.com, it's for size 14 and up; they also have a good outlet, and have a lot of clothes you could wear to work.
    Love Cold Water Creek and Chico's.

But I can't believe what great separates (and dresses, suits) you can get at J.C. Penney's now! They have really stepped up their game. You can shop them online... workmanship is beautiful, and the prices won't take a big bite out of your budget.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Poppy,

What is your take on appropriate legal wardrobe now? J.C. Penney's is where I located my pantsuits, thank goodness. I used to get all of my stuff at the factory outlet store for Koret's. But, they seem to have gone casual and out of business in my area. I picked up some stuff on eBay, so now begins the wait to see if gets here in time and any of it fits.

Thanks every one for your help.
    ~Mary Esq

Brandon (21) Justin (7) (nope, not a typo)
    B needs positive thoughts and prayers for the MCAT
    J would like to have a pen pal

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryEsq;4084136;
    Poppy,

What is your take on appropriate legal wardrobe now? J.C. Penney's is where I located my pantsuits, thank goodness. I used to get all of my stuff at the factory outlet store for Koret's. But, they seem to have gone casual and out of business in my area. I picked up some stuff on eBay, so now begins the wait to see if gets here in time and any of it fits.

Thanks every one for your help.
    Get 2 pairs of black slacks and 2 skirted suits in coordinating colors. That's good for 4 days. If you can coordinate skirts with your pantsuits, even better.

Find a sweater jacket or sweater coat to match up with your pantsuits/skirts, and you are good to go. You only need a fully matched suit (skirted, or pants) when you are actually in court. Separates are completely acceptable, as is a tailored dress with either a jacket or a tailored cardigan. Buy some camis in white, ivory and black and you're good to go. You can build this a little at a time. Their sales are incredible.

I'm very impressed with Penneys. I went to a sale on Saturday with my sister (60-70% between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.). We got a complete working wardrobe for her, including a good topcoat (and a stadium coat for me) for $375. Their everyday prices won't break the bank, either. For the price, the quality is exceptional. And you can shop Penneys online.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-14-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12