+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: When you were a kid, What did you want to be when you grew up?

When you were a kid, What did you want to be when you grew up?

Just thought I'd ask what everyone wanted to be when they were little...

I went from wanting to be a super hero, to realizing that wouldn't happen and switching to actress... so I could still PLAY a superhero!
    Then I went to flight attendant, then to truck driver (what was I thinking?).

I wound up a Mom/Substitute teacher Whoda thunk it?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I wanted to be a teacher.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I wanted to be a lawyer. I actually have a "my future" booklet that I made in like 2nd or 3rd grade or something like that with a picture of me with a briefcase. I also had a family in my book. Cool.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

i wanted to be a lawyer.
    my dad is a lawyer as are two of my brothers, but as i grew up i decided i didn't want to make a living in corporate america.

i am a paralegal. BUT...just till i'm debt free.

then i'm thinking bookstore manager.

I have one of those "future books", too, and I was looking at it a couple of weeks ago...too funny...I wanted to be everything from an actor to a lawyer to a singer to a teacher...and I'm now a budget analyst for the state...

LG.
    Ha, Sher, looking at your new avatar with the Smallville Superman dude, you could be a Paranormal Paralegal, as that would be a little more interesting.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    Originally posted by lobeck
    I have one of those "future books", too, and I was looking at it a couple of weeks ago...too funny...I wanted to be everything from an actor to a lawyer to a singer to a teacher...and I'm now a budget analyst for the state...
    Too funny lobeck, I doubt "governmental budget analyst" made it into too many kids' future books.

you know, when in the bookstore, i spend a great deal of time in the paranormal section anyway! so paranormal paralegal it is!

i never thought working in a bookstore would be that interesting, but i was working at my current job AND working at barnes&noble at the same time... and i LOVED the bookstore. just laid back, HUGE discounts, good music, well read people. it was the best job (not paywise by any stretch of the imagination) i've ever had. i loved it.

I wanted to be a nomad ballerina that lived in a merry miler van. Guess which part of that dream my brother lived. Sher, since you know the answer; please recuse yourself.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I always wanted to be a writer. I guess computer code is a form of fiction.

On the same subject, my kids and I watched a garbage truck do its thing on our street yesterday. If you haven't watched a garbage truck recently, with all its hydraulics and squashing and loud noises, it really is pretty neat to see. Anyway, when it was done and drove away, my 4-year-old daughter turned to me in awe and said, "When I grow up, I want to be a garbage truck person."
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast