+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: When you were a kid, What did you want to be when you grew up?

Ok, Anna, since you asked....we had career day at our middle school and one of the classes was by a woman that sold Mary Kay and she looked so pretty and smelled good and she told us we could get a pink Cadillac......it just seemed so glamorous! On top of that I had an aunt that lived in Texas and when my mom told her my ambition she said I could stay with her when I came to Texas for the training they do. I had it all planned out!

BTW, that's a very COOL gypsy picture, too!!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I wanted to be a teacher. I thought it was a cool job when I was young. I got to know it's actually quite tedious.

Anyway, my younger brother wanted to become a doctor in the morning and soldier at night. I guess he's a little bit ambitious.

Anna, cute picture.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

i wanted to be a doctor, that was before realisinghow hard it was to become one.

I remember in preschool some woman came to our class and talked about what we wanted to be when we grew up. I remember I told her and artist and a singer. That was my dream until 4th grade, where I decided I wanted to write. 8th grade I wanted to write AND teach. Now I have no idea what I want to do. I'm probably going to university in Rome, so I've been thinking about a language professor ... English, French ... something.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

I wanted to be a singer. I sang in choirs and a garage band as a teenager, then again in a pop band (just local, nobody famous) in my early thirties. Did a couple of teeny stints as a background studio vocalist. I also really wanted to be a rock journalist. But I ended up going the practical route and worked in the medical field.

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    Well, I'm still 16 yrs. old, so, technically, I'm still a "kid" ....A. ER Doc.. ...seem so interesting and fulfilling. I just have to decide which one I like better. I want to be Doc cuz I wanna help people who are hurt.....
    Mike, and others in the 14-18 age range who are interested in medicine and helping people. Maybe you can consider being an "explorer post" (the term may vary). They are volunteers who ride with EMTs and AEMTs and help out with basic first aid and CPR. This might help give you a little exposure to helping people and the hospital setting. They also go camping, etc. We had the 1418 EP where I used to live and some of them became EMTs.

Good luck Mike! (Maybe you can give CPR to Buffy)

When I was a kid I wanted to be a Mailman. I was always so happy to get anything in the mail. It made me feel so special. So I wanted to be the one who gave the other kids their mail.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I was hoping to be a lottery winner
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    John Taylor's (Duran Duran) wife

Alas, that did not happen. I'm Al's wife, which in itself, is a pretty awesome thing.

I have a day job, but love my wife and Mom job the best

i wanted to be a firetruck!!!!

lol im still a kid, but I have always wanted to do something with art! Maybe fashion designer?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrennanHillardStreetTeam/

+ Reply to Thread