+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How spoiled are YOU?

Not spoiled at all.. atleast financially. My parents were going through a divorce when I was growing up, so money was tight on both sides. But what I didn't get in gifts I got in love! AWWWWWWWWW!!

It's amazing that even though I wasn't a spoiled child, I am the biggest, most pretentious snob on earth.. just read the Snob thread.. I'm a horrible person! I like to spoil myself. I guess that's what happened.. I got little when I was younger, so now that I am older and can afford nice things, I spoil myself.

Growing up my family is what we now call 'the working poor'. We didnt have much, but we did ok with what we did have. I swore things would never be that way with my own children.
    Well the time has come.. we have 1 child and I would have to say that yes, absolutely, she is spoiled.
    She doesn't get EVERYTHING she wants but she does have a good majority of it, as she grows up we will work to instill the value of money in her.. but for now its just makes me too happy to give her the things I never had.
    hmmmm.. does that make me vicariously spoiled?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I think when I compared myself with other friends and also teenagers here in Singapore, I think I'm actually very okay, normal. Not spoilt at all. I know of a "friend" who actually takes a pretty huge sum of money from his mother to buy stuff for himself, and most of the time, he will splash the money on girls. He used to get for this b*tch (I have seen her before, she's a fat one) a $200 Christmas/Birthday present. Well, compared to me, I only get a monthly allowance of around $200, I call that insane. And there are people who don't like to talk to their parents, who hangs out till 6am in the morning without going home, dropping out of school etc. But if I compare myself with my siblings, yes, I'm spoilt, cause I'm the youngest of the lot.

what the hell is wrong with fatchicks? We're sexy too :phhht
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Dux.

I would say I was spoiled as a young child (so I'm told, anyway ). My girls are spoiled absolutely rotten by two sets of very doting grandparents, which at least saves my husband and I the trouble of spoiling them ourselves. :rolleyes
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I am for sure spoiled.....and I love it! My Mom spoils me and I in turn spoil my kids.It's a viscous cycle.

Honestly, I don't think I'm spoilt at all. I get no allowance, the only money I receive is birthday/Christmas money, from the Grandparents. But it doesn't last me long . Then I work, so I'm pretty self-sufficient, as in I don't depend on my parent's $$ for my spendings. I buy my own clothes, spend my own money to buy CDs and others. If I want something, the most my parents will do, is pay for half of it :rolleyes so I guess I really haven't been spoilt, but I had it! honestly I do. I hate not having what others have, but I've learnt to go beyond that, and just be grateful for what I have (cheesy smile)

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    what the hell is wrong with fatchicks? We're sexy too :phhht
    I'm okay with all, Duxxy. The girl I wrote in my previous post here is a "fat b*tch with a slutty attitude". Get the difference ?

I'm spoiled in the fact that I have a grea husband who helps out with the kids so much, does laundry, dishes, house cleaning etc..., it's great. I do most of that when I can but when I can't get it all done, he is there.

I am an only child too, but I was never spoiled with money and gifts, but that's o.k., I wasn't deprived of anything. it would be great now though if my mother was a little less selfish and did help out from time to time financially seeing I'm a Stay at home mom and $$ is a little tight. But she is too self centered and selfish for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12