+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Finally going on vacation. Not the usual Florida trip to the beach and Universal or Disney, but just to Dallas Texas to Six Flags and to just do Dallas in general. Six Flags is a pretty good park, not nearly as good as Uni or Dis, but a good substitute, especially if you like roller coasters. Dallas is also a pretty cool town, tons of bars and restaurants, pretty much a world class, cosmopolitan city.

Anyone else doing anything this summer for a vaca? Don't you just love vaca? Getting away from work. The only thing I HATE about vaca is the agonizing drive or flight back, knowing you have to go back to work. That is one of the most depressing feelings there is?

Anyone else?????

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Not a roller coaster fan here. You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to get on one - I love the speed, but not the height. I'd love to go to Universal again, though.

We're planning on some kind of cruise later this summer. I really want to go to the Virgin Islands. Been to the Bahamas and wasn't impressed enough to want to go back...the Turks and Caicos were gorgeous, though. I wouldn't mind going there again.

But, yeah. Probably the Virgin Islands, as it stands now. Going to Myrtle Beach for a long weekend on July 4th, but that doesn't count. I go there all the time.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Love the coasters, though they don't love me as much as they userd to. I have absolutely no desire to go to Disney or Universal, though. If I were going to a theme park for vacation, I'd make it Cedar Point; still, even though the rides look 300% better, I'd have to find the least crowded time possible as I hate, hate, hate crowds worse than anything. Going back to Vancouver Island to fish and look at whales; L has been wanting to see a whale forever, and I told him this might be the last chance for several years since I'm unemployed and back at school--this will probably be my last IRS refund for a few years and so my last big a$$ trip. But I'm sure I'll be taking lots of little ones!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

That all sounds cool. Beach vacations are a close 2nd to my most ideal vaca (Universal or Disney).

Yeah the Bahamas, you kind of have to be in the particular "good" spots from what I've heard. Even the Atlantis Resort there made their own beach. You may look into Aruba and Barbados, other excellent choices. But from what I hear, you really can't get more "prestine" than Turks & Caicos. I think alot of the islands are on par, but from what I gather, its pretty much at the tops. Don't know a lot about the VI but I've heard mainly good things, both beach wise and population wise. Some of the islands have great beaches but if you go into town, you are more or less entering into a very rough 3rd world village.

And QueenB, Universal for most of the year is very light in crowds (all the rides are walk on). Only their peak times do you have to deal with rough crowds like Disney (mainly June - August). And Disney even has its down time, when I go its usually in early November where rides are walk on there for the most part. Peak Summer is pretty heavy crowds though.

Universal is opening that Harry Potter theme park in a week so its going to be packed until probably late September, it will get heavy again in Halloween and then lighten back up after Oct. 31.

We actually are taking a vacation this summer. We are taking our camper and spending a week at a resort near Mount Rushmore in South Dakota. Our 3 year old grand daughter is going with us. (unless her mother changes her mind at the last minute) This will be the first real vacation we've taken in so long, I don't really remember the last one. Other than long weekend getaway's that is.

I'm not one for roller coasters. I was on one once, and that was enough.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

The only vacation we have planned this summer is a week long trip to Sunriver, OR for a big family reunion that we do every year.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3928707;
    Universal is opening that Harry Potter theme park in a week so its going to be packed until probably late September, it will get heavy again in Halloween and then lighten back up after Oct. 31.
    I'm hoping that Universal crowds lighten up after Labor Day when kids go back to school. My fellow "Potterhead" friend and I already have tickets to fly from Phoenix to Orlando for 3 days at Universal . . . plus the car and hotel are reserved, and we have purchased 3-day tickets for the two Universal parks.

I should be old enough to know better (63), but I still love me some roller coasters, and am a COMPLETE Potter fanatic. I even have an "HP" tattoo on my left arm. My favorite t-shirt says, "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional." I've opted to NOT grow up.

Our next cruise isn't until March - 14 days roundtrip from Los Angeles to Hawaii.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Good post. It should be quite a bit lighter after labor day. If you stay at an onsite hotel, (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock or the Portifino) you get free front of the line access to all the rides, so you would have no wait times. After labor day, its probably going to be light enough to where you wouldn't need them anyway. I agree on the not growing up, I'll never do that either, don't really see the point. Just wish I could get rid of the job part, but so far I haven't figured a way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;3928707;
    I read an article about the Harry Potter theme park...it sounds like it would be a blast, I'd love to visit that ! Sadly, my vacation plans were completely scuttled. I had saved all year to take my son and I to Florida. We had a condo for a week in Destin at the end of June, and then we were going to go to New Orleans for three days. Unfortunately, the oil spill put an end to that. I was upset about the loss of vacation at first, now I'm simply devasted for the ecological loss and loss of liveliehood for so many. I'm going to take a week off instead and just stay home (I can't remember the last time I've done that!!) and enjoy the idea of not a having a schedule or agenda. And with the money we didn't spend, I bought new lighting and I'm having the house painted! Plus, there's still enough left over for a few movies, dinner's out and a day trip to Summerfest
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

The last 2 weeks of July we will be going to Alaska. We are spending 1 week on land and then 1 week at sea. We did the cruise 2 years ago and it was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast