+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Happiness Lizard! I'm glad you had a great honeymoon.

Oh do come to NYC! I was born here and even sometimes I get the chills in this city.

My next trip? Burma!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

We already went back to Vegas! First week of Nov. for the SEMA car show. Went with friends also, another couple and we had an amazing time. We did get to see Jabbawockeez, Cirque's KA show, went ziplining in Bootleg Canyon, had tons of fabulous meals. Favorite was Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill restaurant - yum! Diet is totally out the window I guess until Jan. 1, LOL.

I'm going to NYC. Will someone from there tell me if it's more or less expensive to take a cab or hire a car service from LaGuardia to Midtown, and which you'd recommend?

Just booked Jamaica for January
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Just booked Jamaica for January
    The local paper ran a photo contest of vacation spots. The winner was a picture of the dock at the Pelican Bar in Jamaica. Apparently you can only get to it by boat. It sounds like a fun place to hang out. I love to sail catamarans but haven't been able to since college. Gee, I miss those days.
    I hope you have a great time FannyMare!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    The local paper ran a photo contest of vacation spots. The winner was a picture of the dock at the Pelican Bar in Jamaica. Apparently you can only get to it by boat. It sounds like a fun place to hang out. I love to sail catamarans but haven't been able to since college. Gee, I miss those days.
    I hope you have a great time FannyMare!
    Thank you. We have been there before, and loved it The people are so laid back & super nice
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I'm going to NYC. Will someone from there tell me if it's more or less expensive to take a cab or hire a car service from LaGuardia to Midtown, and which you'd recommend?
    Have fun. I've been there several times and we always just took a cab, but that's been awhile ago, so I don't know the answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Have fun. I've been there several times and we always just took a cab, but that's been awhile ago, so I don't know the answer to your question.
    Thanks! I haven't been for 30! years and I'm looking forward to it. We're going to celebrate a friend's birthday. Seven women descending on the city. Hopefully it will be as great as we've all been planning for it to be. We're planning on taking a taxi but then I started wondering about the car service.

Excited in 2 weeks I am headed to Barbados for 8 days any ideas of things I must see or do there?
    CantGetNuf, waywyrd and momrek06 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Good for you, MsDiva! I've never been to Barbados, but I can hear the steel drums and Calypso music when I think about the island. Have a great time!

And I'm pretty excited too. In two weeks we'll be spending 8 days in Maui! It'll be my 9th visit there, so I know the place well and all the things to do while we are there. It will be the tenth anniversary for DH and me. We were married there on Makena Beach near Wailea ten years ago. There is also a family wedding while we are there with my niece's daughter getting married, so there will be about 20 family members and friends vacationing there with us. We haven't been back there in 5 years, so I'm super excited.
    Ellen, CantGetNuf, waywyrd and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread