+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree407Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Cornholio! I love love love Vegas!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

As a self-proclaimed Harry Potter geek, my hubby has agreed to go along with my insane idea to do a 2-day, 1-night trip from Phoenix to Hollywood so I can see the last movie - Deathly Hallows 2 - at the one and only Graumann's Chinese Theater. We toured it last year and got to see the 3 main stars' footprints and WANDprints in the cement out front, and have always thought it would be great to see a movie in the old-fashioned splendor of Graumann's. We're going to stop on the way home and ride the tram ride in Palm Springs - something else that has always been on the bucket list.

Sounds like fun Cornholio! cheap deals are the best.

I'm off to Ft Myers Beach this coming Saturday for a week. Looking forward to relaxing, and reading!

Thank you! It rocked, seriously. We are already planning to go back... I want to see Jabbawockkee dancers, go on Marvelous Marv's Grand Canyon tour & more. Seriously didn't think it would be so much fun. The deal was at Tropicana, $45/night! An older hotel but the location was good and the room was newly rennovated & super-nice with a 52" flat screen TV & comfy king bed, all new decor.

You can come visit me, Guardian Angel, I'm south of FMB in Naples!

Have fun, GA. I want to go back there, have free airline points but few dollars and can't right now--I love going out to Sanibel to look for shells and snorkel. My sister and I parasailed at Ft Meyers, it was fun. So think of flying fat women when you look up...

Cornholio, would you let me camp in your backyard if I brought cookies?
    Oh, and now you've been to Vegas, a deck of cards!

If my cat show vending thing is still breaking even I'll probably go to the Ft Myers show next July. I wasn't aware of it this time, and already have one the week before and week after, in the other direction.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We had a fabulous time on our vacation to Costa Rica. We had some friends invite us along with their trip. I never knew anything about it before we started planning to go there. It was so beautiful, the people were all so lovely and we had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

I did learn that the spray sunblock may not be for me since apparently I missed a few spots. Since my skin is so fair those spots got burned. One would think since I'm in my 40's and I burn if I look at the sun I would know to be more vigilant, but apparently I still haven't quite mastered this.

I spent a hot afternoon floating in innertubes at a friend's lake recently. I had shorts on and my calves were in the water, but from just above to just below my knees I got sunburned (the first time in YEARS). I look like I'm wearing red knee braces.
    Count your blessings!

You have a friend with a lake and innertubes??? When can I come?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm heading to Phoenix in 2 weeks to visit my best friend and her 2 kids. Can't wait!

Well I guess years ago I had the intention of traveling by Internet since I was kind of afraid of planes.....and I have since learned there are a whole lot scarier things

I went to Las Vegas a couple of months ago. Totally no vegetation. But it made for an other worldly honeymoon. The strip is very nice. And buffets are excellent. I could go back every year (and I do not drink and I am not much of a gambler). NY might be our next.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-17-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread