+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4070096;
    That would be an amazing journey.

...with an incredible connection...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Anybody been to Charleston, SC? Any recommendations for sightseeing (other than Ft. Sumter) and good restaurants. Please send by PM. Thanks.

We're going to Idaho for May Long next weekend! ...just got a call that the cabin we reserved (and all the cabins at that location) at Priest Lake have been damaged in a storm :p so were going to book a cabin about 45 mins further South. Guess that means the weather will be even nicer right? lol! We're planning to go to Silverwood for a day over the weekend and lucked out as next weekend is half price for the anniversary of one of their rollercoasters. On the way home we're stopping at the Coeur d'Alene Golf resort for the night and have a tee time booked for the most beautiful golf course I've ever seen! I've been out twice to practice so far and have been doing better than I was at the end of last summer so I am getting really excited to play the floating green now . If anyone has any tips on stuff to see/do (or what NOT to see/do lol) I would love some suggestions!
    Last edited by M_shelll; 05-16-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Can't Spell :p

M shell: I googled Coeur d'Alene Golf resort and its absolutely gorgeous! The floating green is awesome. I love to golf, haven't been golfing for a couple of years now, I'm a horrible golfer, but I do enjoy chasing the little white ball around.

I know nothing about that area, but just wanted to say, have a great time, it looks like a great place!

I'm very excited about my upcoming trip next month to Ft Myers Beach. I'm going with my long time friend of over 30 yrs. We haven't travelled together in over 20 yrs. Its going to be a very cheap trip, beach books sun and relaxation. I'll be overdosing on fruits and veggies and Vitamin D. We have had a long miserable winter, and are having an awful spring, rain rain rain and average temp of 40 degrees. Is this spring or fall???

I can't wait to get some real sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Anybody been to Charleston, SC? Any recommendations for sightseeing (other than Ft. Sumter) and good restaurants. Please send by PM. Thanks.
    I *loved* Charleston. So charming - walking around is truly wonderful. My fave restaurant was High Cotton. Sorry for not following instructions by Pming you but also wanted to see what others thought. I might want to go again soon.

I didn't have a bad meal and they were great for a single traveler (girl).
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Take the carriage ride tour. Shows a lot of the "old town" and gives a lot of Charleston history and you see some gorgeous houses. Go to the slave market and buy a sweetgrass basket. Still woven like they have been for hundreds of years.

Also realize that it's extremely hot and humid in the summer there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

We will most likely spend the summer in Alabama. Not vacation, but working. But hope to squeeze in a few weekends elsewhere for a break.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    M shell: I googled Coeur d'Alene Golf resort and its absolutely gorgeous! The floating green is awesome. I love to golf, haven't been golfing for a couple of years now, I'm a horrible golfer, but I do enjoy chasing the little white ball around.

I know nothing about that area, but just wanted to say, have a great time, it looks like a great place!

I'm very excited about my upcoming trip next month to Ft Myers Beach. I'm going with my long time friend of over 30 yrs. We haven't travelled together in over 20 yrs. Its going to be a very cheap trip, beach books sun and relaxation. I'll be overdosing on fruits and veggies and Vitamin D. We have had a long miserable winter, and are having an awful spring, rain rain rain and average temp of 40 degrees. Is this spring or fall???

I can't wait to get some real sunshine!
    Thanks GA! I just started golfing a couple years ago so I'm not very good yet, but I've been slowly improving! ...still not going to try and use a good ball to get on the floating green tho! lol! Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip too!!! It sounds like it will be perfectly relaxing! I think the sunshine is going to be one of the best parts of our trip as well, we've had about 18 months of bad weather over here so the forecasted 26 deg C sounds great to me

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Take the carriage ride tour. Shows a lot of the "old town" and gives a lot of Charleston history and you see some gorgeous houses.
    So true - this is a *must* and really not over the top expensive normal carriage ride tours. Thanks for reminding me Rosiedog!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Out of left field here.... my DH and I went to Vegas a few weeks ago. First time to Vegas for both of us and we LOVED it. Saw Jerry Seinfeld at Cesear's palace and saw the live GLEE show at Mandalay Bay. Did touristy things like Madame Toussad's, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, did a 3-wheel scooter tour of Red Rock Canyon. Excellent food at Spago's and Grand Wok. Had a super-cheap flight/hotel deal through Expedia and we are ready to go back! Seriously one of the most fun trips we've ever done.

+ Reply to Thread