+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree406Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Live in Naples full-time, no oil here. Knock on wood.

We're heading to Italy at the end of Sept., to Venice, Rome, Florence and a few little side trips. 15 days total. Can't wait.

But...you already live in Naples, and Venice isn't too far up the road...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My vacation this year will be a walking tour of Podunk, Kansas, about 8 miles from where I live. The main sights are the Post Office, the McDonalds, and the school system into which I dump a huge amount of cash via my property taxes. Add to that the closed dry-cleaners and the insurance agent's office, and it's a full afternoon!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3931470;
    We're going to Prague as well this August! Let me know how it goes, any warnings. We're going for a student's wedding--they are marrying once there and then again in India to please both families, but we are only making the Prague one.
    Prague was amazing! It is such a beautiful city and very safe. No warnings! Old Prague was a beautiful walking tour, and there are beautiful boat tours as well. Hope you have a great time!

I agree with Canuck, Prague is a wonderful city. I've been there twice, but it's been 10 years since my last visit. Like Canuck also said, the old city is beautiful and great for walking. I also recommend visiting the castle even if it is a tourist trap.

my vacation starts on August 6th. Am going up to the Asheville NC area to spend a week with my parents. I just love the mountains! Especially asheville which is so pretty.

one of these days I'm going to save up enough to go to Europe for a vacation but sadly not going to be any time soon.

I am taking a red eye flight out to Miami from San Diego on Saturday. I am ready for a break from work. I am counting down the days. Anyone know of any good restaurants in south beach?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Today's the day I've been waiting for for months - off to Hogwarts, er, Universal Orlando. My friend had to cancel, so I'm taking my BESTEST friend - my hubby.

Expecto Patronum!!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Just back from a short spur of the moment getaway to D.C. My son and I love to visit the monuments, the hubby thinks they're beautiful but wishes they had built them closer together-lol.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

KeepItReal, I love Washington DC - so far away for me that I will be lucky to go again, but I hope to. I love the art museums! And walking from monument to monument kept me active when I was last there. I probably walked 20,000 steps every day!

+ Reply to Thread