+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Mushybrain, beerbelly's suggestion is a good one. I've no experience with AirBNB, but my son recently used them for his recent trip to Austin, and was very satisfied.
    Thanks, beerbelly and Eastcoastmom. I have looked at airbnb, so I am glad to hear from someone who had a good experience using them. Much appreciated.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

We used AirBNB last summer and had great success. I think it would be very individual, though, so read any comments past guests have posted.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

AZ, I hope you have a fantastic time!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Punkin - left you a phone message. 5:30 at the place we discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Punkin - left you a phone message. 5:30 at the place we discussed?
    If I didn't know better, I'd swear that sounded like a drug buy.

Have fun, both of you.
    Punkin, Ellen, beerbelly and 3 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    We used AirBNB last summer and had great success. I think it would be very individual, though, so read any comments past guests have posted.
    Thanks!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Mr. Christian and I just had a wonderful couple of hours with Mr. and Mrs. Punkin. We didn't even feel like strangers when we met, but we REALLY felt like friends when we parted. It is my fondest hope to get to see them again when our paths cross . . . perhaps on a cruise ship or some other awesome destination.

Hugs, Punkin! Thanks for the wonderful gift of a bottle of moscato . . . a glass of which I will raise in your honor from our balcony one evening. You are a treasure!
    Punkin, Ellen, momrek06 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Mr. Christian and I just had a wonderful couple of hours with Mr. and Mrs. Punkin. We didn't even feel like strangers when we met, but we REALLY felt like friends when we parted. It is my fondest hope to get to see them again when our paths cross . . . perhaps on a cruise ship or some other awesome destination.

Hugs, Punkin! Thanks for the wonderful gift of a bottle of moscato . . . a glass of which I will raise in your honor from our balcony one evening. You are a treasure!
    Oh what fun and how wonderful!!!
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

We had a wonderful meeting and clicked right away. We had dinner at the restaurant where they are staying and the guys hardly could get a word in edgewise as we chattered away. We also met their good friends from Kansas who have cruised with them before and are joining them on this 50th Anniversary cruise. Both couples drove here and are staying at a hotel where they can leave their cars during the cruise because they are continuing to travel after the cruise. AZ and her DH (who is a sweetheart) are going to hit their 50th state during the post-cruise travels!

My husband was surprised we seemed to be such good friends already because he doesn't understand the friendships we form here at The Fort. But I'm sure many of you understand how we get to know each other as real, if just online, friends who share our lives with each other here every day. I love so many of you and I just met one of my dearest friends here!

PS - and, D, I told the squirrel story to much amusement for all. LOL Love you!
    Ellen, Critical, momrek06 and 7 others like this.
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I love so many of you and I just met one of my dearest friends here!
    Okay, now I'm all choked up.
    Punkin and Ellen like this.

+ Reply to Thread