+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree535Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Once I threw some boots away at a hotel and when I was checking out - they ran to me carrying the boots thinking that I had forgotten to pack them. Lesson learned? When you want to throw things out - make sure it is obvious!
    LOL! When my brother went to Germany (with a student group in high school), he threw away his old underwear and socks in the trash can in his hotel room (in a place where they were staying several days). Each day, when he came back to his room, he's find them neatly folded and placed in his suitcase.
    beerbelly and mushybrain like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I loved the food at SF and the public transportation. I was only on a business trip so I didn't get to see much except a fab German bar when the Giants were winning. And a Dive Bar where the owner seemed to be dying in the corner.

And Frankenmuth, MI? I Googled it and it looks devine. Although I can't imagine 4 hours shopping!
    We had fun. The crazy part is, we were in that store for four hours and I didn't even look at everything!

I found two different places there that make crepes. Both were good. It's becoming my thing apparently. We had crepes in Costa Rica, and in the airport in Atlanta. MrCoz makes fabulous crepes too.
    beerbelly likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Our day of departure has arrived!

I'll be checking in here periodically . . . but after Monday, we'll be on the ship, and internet connections are spotty, slow, and expensive! So you all will not have to put up with me as much as usual. Sounds strange, but I'm going to miss you all.

And tomorrow, AZChristian and Punkin are meeting!!! Can't wait!
    Punkin, Ellen, shyra and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Our day of departure has arrived!

I'll be checking in here periodically . . . but after Monday, we'll be on the ship, and internet connections are spotty, slow, and expensive! So you all will not have to put up with me as much as usual. Sounds strange, but I'm going to miss you all.

And tomorrow, AZChristian and Punkin are meeting!!! Can't wait!
    Have fun and can't wait to hear about your cruise! We are still considering Alaska for next year so even though you've been before, I'm sure you will have lots of great tips from this new experience.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Bon voyage! So jealous!
    Count your blessings!

Have lots and lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AZ!! say hi to Punkin for me
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Does anyone know of any clean, safe, CHEAP places for a poor, just graduated college traveler to stay for a few weeks in Atlanta? I have been checking out hostels and rooms for rent for said graduate, but I have no experience with this sort of housing. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Have you looked at AirBNB? Never done it but I have read some good things...
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Have you looked at AirBNB? Never done it but I have read some good things...
    Mushybrain, beerbelly's suggestion is a good one. I've no experience with AirBNB, but my son recently used them for his recent trip to Austin, and was very satisfied.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

AZ, wishing you and Mr. AZ a most wonderful cruise! Have fun meeting Punkin and Mr. Punkin!
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread