+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

I've been in that Christmas store in Frankenmuth. Pretty awesome!!! We had lunch at some famous restaurant in the downtown area. They served enough food (family style) for the two of us, that six people could probably have eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I've been in that Christmas store in Frankenmuth. Pretty awesome!!! We had lunch at some famous restaurant in the downtown area. They served enough food (family style) for the two of us, that six people could probably have eaten.
    This is something that always bothers me when on vacation. You go to a wonderful restaurant with extra wonderful food, but they give you enough to feed you for at least 2 days. I absolutely hate leaving it & wasting it, since it's so good (& sometimes expensive), but if you take it with you, you need to get it back to a place to put it right away & refrigerate & reheat it. Neither way works out all that great. Especially when you're on the go.
    At home you just take it home & put it in your refrigerator & eat at your own convenience.

I often wish they'd have smaller "Travellers' Portions", but the same selection.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

So I am sitting here packing for Chicago and yes I am once again packing way to many clothes lol. I need to leave some room for all the things I plan to buy at the magnificent mile lol
    Punkin, Ellen, beerbelly and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    So I am sitting here packing for Chicago and yes I am once again packing way to many clothes lol. I need to leave some room for all the things I plan to buy at the magnificent mile lol
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I have a wonderful fold-up Totes bag. When folded, it's like 1x4x6 inches. When opened up, it's a BIG tote bag with a zipper on top. It's great, and I'd never travel without it.

When I travel I always take my Grow-Bag suitcase, not expanded, & packed loosely. Mine really expands a lot. Also a heavy duty fully collapsed & flat tote bag.
    If I'm going somewhere for a week or so, where I expect to buy a lot & bring it back, I will pack a fully packed suitcase inside of a larger empty suitcase. That way I'm only bringing one, but have the option to bring 2 back.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I wil be gone for 10 days. I have a tote that I take in my suitcase to use as a carry on coming home.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I always pack old clothes so if needed I can throw them away to make for new clothes and items.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Pack old clothes/shoes that you don't love anymore. Plan to throw them in the trash at the hotel (or, if in good condition, take to the nearest Goodwill or the like hotel staff can clue you in). Then you'll have stuff to wear on your trip, then room in your luggage for new stuff.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Once I threw some boots away at a hotel and when I was checking out - they ran to me carrying the boots thinking that I had forgotten to pack them. Lesson learned? When you want to throw things out - make sure it is obvious!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread