+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree460Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm asthma-allergic to dogs, cats, etc., so I look for pet-free, smoke-free. (And "not recommended for children," as we're also childfree.)
    Pooping lawn is a red flag for me.
    We don't normally travel with our dogs. We have to have a smoke free room as well.
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Most places set aside rooms specifically for guests with pets because of the allergy issues. I was told they had only one pet room left, which I'm pretty sure was one of their former smoking rooms. So even with a pooping lawn (free bags!) you should be OK. ;-)
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just checked Rapid Rewards points on Southwest and Hyatt Gold points for hotel rooms.

Guess who might get to go to Orlando to return to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for her December birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just checked Rapid Rewards points on Southwest and Hyatt Gold points for hotel rooms.

Guess who might get to go to Orlando to return to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for her December birthday?
    Congratulations! I was in "mouse-ville" last year. Once a decade is enough for me. It is so strange to not seeing your sneaker avatar but tha picture of you & your husband is stunning.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I guess I forgot to mention my recent trip ahead of time. I went to Panama City last week with some friends. Their grandson just turned 13 so they're letting him stay with them for a month and arranged this trip as part of his birthday celebration. My friends are both blind so they asked me to drive for them and they'd pay my expenses. We went deep sea fishing the first day and caught about 30 fish, mostly white snapper/Saucer-Eye Porgy. The next day we went to a water park, Shipwreck Island. The following day, we went to Pier Park to do some shopping and looking around. We got back last night.

I sure was glad to get back home to see my kitty cat, Squirt! I missed him terribly while I was gone.

I'm on vacation - summer vacation from school. Friday was our last day, but I didn't count vacation until Monday since we would have had the weekend off anyway. I was either sick or traveling all last summer vacation, so my plan is to stay close to home after a 4th of July visit to Ohio and Chautauqua, NY next week. On the other hand, I have flight benefits (stand-by, yuck) through my pilot daughter so could travel on a whim at any point. I went to school 2 years at NAU in Flagstaff, AZ and have always wanted to go back. Now I have an old high school friend who lives there and has offered to put me up any time. I also have fond memories of Oak Creek Canyon between Flagstaff and Phoenix, so may want to include that in my travels if I go.
    Right now I'm enjoying a day of total squander, doing serendipity searches on the internet and playing with kittens. I have a load of laundry in so I can't call the day a total waste. I may do dishes and/or process food for easy eating later if I feel like it. Ooooh, I LOVE vacation days of total sloth.
    Punkin and KatesMom like this.
    Count your blessings!

I love retirement. It's like permanent vacation.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Gutmutter . . . they had a huge fire around Oak Creek Canyon about a month ago. There are some restrictions on visiting there, so be sure to check it out before heading that way. It's such a beautiful place, and the fire was horrendous.

I heard it was all clear now... at least the switchbacks to get to Flagstaff.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Had to come back early from my vacay as Arthur caused a mandatory evac of Hatteras Island yesterday (we were all the way down in Hatteras village.) Glad we left tho because roads at the top of the island to get out were flooded and we may not have been able to get out even tomorrow when we were originally supposed to leave. Also glad not much damage was done besides the roadway washouts. Now onto planning our next vacay, Nov 2015 trip to DisneyWorld!
    Punkin likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread