+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree407Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3929179;
    The last 2 weeks of July we will be going to Alaska. We are spending 1 week on land and then 1 week at sea. We did the cruise 2 years ago and it was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.
    We've done the cruise twice. Heaven!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Our next big cruise will be the Panama Canal, but that will be a few years yet.
    There's no place like home!

No traveling vaycay for us this year -- slow business for the first quarter and a half, coupled with unexpected car, health, and moving (to another apartment in the same complex -- amazing the $$$ involved!) expenses sucked up whatever we had put aside. I was hoping to go to Paris: the people I contract with offered my airfare and partial lodging, but the remainder (for hubby's airfare and remaining stuff) was too much to handle this year. I really can't complain, though. We had an amazing 10-day dream vaycay in Hawai'i last year. And we live in San Diego: one of the best places on earth for a "staycation"! (The Eiffel Tower will still be there when the/our economy improves . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well, I've never been to Europe so I'm going in July. My husband has a business trip to Berlin, so we're going to Prague (which looks absolutely beautiful) and then by train to Germany. It's just for 10 days, but I am really looking forward to it My husband travels a lot for business and my kids are finally at an age where I can join him. I'm looking forward to it.

MRD

Sounds like everyone has great plans. I just spent a month in Florida. Seeing friends and family, hanging out at the beach, by the pool.

The panhandle of Florida beaches have oil, but I can attest that the gulf beaches further down are fine. I was just on one on Sunday. I can't remember who said they were going to Destin, but check out the St. Pete area, the Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice/Englewood area and the Ft. Myers/Naples area. Great beaches, no oil AND the condos and motels are offering specials as lots of people are canceling thinking that there is oil there and there isn't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3929646;
    Well, I've never been to Europe so I'm going in July. My husband has a business trip to Berlin, so we're going to Prague (which looks absolutely beautiful) and then by train to Germany. It's just for 10 days, but I am really looking forward to it My husband travels a lot for business and my kids are finally at an age where I can join him. I'm looking forward to it.
    If you want a glimpse of Prague, I believe that the Movie Amadaus (about Mozart) was filmed there. They say it is one of the few places in Europe left that still looks like it did in the 18th century. Supposed to be really cool.

I sure hope that get that oil leak fixed soon, it is such a shame at what's going on with that. If Bush was still president the media would be screaming from the roof tops, (not that I'm a big fan of Bush, but it erks me that they are letting Obama have a free pass with this disaster.)

MRD

I dont' know what channels you watch, but I've seen quite a few media screaming about it. And after spending a month in Florida, the media there is REALLY screaming. And all those Floridians that were for "Drill Baby Drill" have changed their minds.

Seriously tho, the Gulf Coast of Florida not on the panhandle is gorgeous, not expected to get any of the oil and the prices are good for vacations there.

MRD, I thought about using some free air travel to go down to Sanibel for a day or two, but since I'm going to be taking a big vacation, I won't do it. I might run up to the mountains for some cool air one day next week, as it's too hot to do anything at all here after 10 am. I wanted to go to the u-pick today, but decided to get up to be there at 9 when they open tomorrow (it's an hour and a half from here)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

It's been hot here during the day, but the evenings cool off and are great. Should be fine in the mountains.

Last night on TNT, The State of Florida was advertising HEAVY. Saying they have 825 miles of beach and that most of it was fine. There have been a lot of cancelations which is why they are advertising I'm sure. But right now, only Pensacola is affected and the rest of Florida is ok.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3929646;
    We're going to Prague as well this August! Let me know how it goes, any warnings. We're going for a student's wedding--they are marrying once there and then again in India to please both families, but we are only making the Prague one.

+ Reply to Thread