+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    For those of you who are not afraid of snow (Not Me!), Viking River Cruises has specials in the wintertime where they offer cheap airfare ($200 from East Coast, $400 from West Coast, pp each way) and two-for-one rates on their river cruises (around $2000 for two persons) for river cruises through Europe during Christmas while all the river port cities are all decked out for the Holidays. I could not see affording an European trip, but for these prices (comparable to a cruise in my hemisphere), but I have no snow gear and no desire to have a snow vacation., I told my nurse-practitioner about this last year and she and her family took a Viking Cruise trip last Christmas and they loved it! They started off in Amsterdam and visited 5 countries and had a wonderful trip! Something to consider?
    I've always wanted to go on a cruise, but voluntarily going on vacation where there'd be snow or even cold weather is an absolute NO. I put up with enough of that stuff here.
    My vacations, or especially if it was a cruise, would have to be sunny, tropical, warm, and need no warmer cover up than a very light jacket at night.

I want to look forward to my vacations, not dread them.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've always wanted to go on a cruise, but voluntarily going on vacation where there'd be snow or even cold weather is an absolute NO. I put up with enough of that stuff here.
    My vacations, or especially if it was a cruise, would have to be sunny, tropical, warm, and need no warmer cover up than a very light jacket at night.

LOL.You are talking my language now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

This is why I don't understand going skiing. Why would you take part in an activity that can only be done in the snow, and also has an ambulance at the bottom of the hill? LOL.
    Punkin, waywyrd and inthegarden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    This is why I don't understand going skiing. Why would you take part in an activity that can only be done in the snow, and also has an ambulance at the bottom of the hill? LOL.
    Spring skinning is great, the sun, the snow the sunburn. its actually a lot of fun. I just don't want to break anything, so we stopped going
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ya'll come on down to the Gulf Coast! We'll take care of you. White sand beaches, cold margarita's, very few tar balls left. Actually it's been reported that there is no more to worry about from the oil spill. We're all cleaned up and ready for some visitors.
    The news did a story on Sandestin that made me want to jump in the car and head there. So beautiful. The next vacation my husband and I will go on will be the first one that is just us in over 20yrs. I want to drive to Savannah, GA. It just looks like such a beautiful city with a lot of rich history. Then I'd like to just drive the coast line down to Jacksonville and then across to New Orleans, LA. It's a lot of driving but that's what we like to do. It will be nice to do it without hearing a lot of whining or fighting coming from the back seat.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

CantGetNuf, we are thinking about returning to New Orleans next Spring for vacation. Along with Maui, NOLA is our favorite place to travel.

I would like to rent a hotel room with a view of Bourbon Street. I don't want to be in the crowd but I would love to watch it. New Orleans is the place that scares and fascinates me. I must see it but don't want to stick around to long.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I'll let you know if we decide to go there next Spring! It's not bad if you go when there are no big parades or music festivals. Maybe we could meet up!
    CantGetNuf likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Ooooh. We may be planning a trip through NO next spring. Sounds like a FoRT convention is in the works. LOL.

We spent the day in Independence, MO. We visited the Truman Library and Museum. His house was closed today, but we walked around downtown Independence and met some great midwesterners and had lunch in a wonderful restaurant. I must confess that I fell off my "no-carb" food plan. I couldn't resist the mushroom risotto I saw on the menu - and it was worth the sacrifice of a few carb grams and some calories. We saw another restaurant in town with a bunch of locks wound through the decorative grillwork on the front. Apparently (as I found out when I went in to ask), this is fairly common is some European countries. Lovers will attach a lock to a special restaurant and throw the key into a nearby river, signifying that their relationship is permanent and can't be unlocked. We want to go back to Independence some day and attach our own lock!

Tomorrow is breakfast with some old friends, and tomorrow night is a baseball game in KC - 5 ball parks in 9 days. I started coming down with a cold on day 2, and it's still wreaking havoc with my respiratory system, but I didn't give up any of the fun stuff we had planned.

And on Wednesday, I'll be sleeping in my own bed!!!!!!!!!!
    Punkin and Gutmutter like this.

I am headed to mobile Alabama next March for a week! Staying at the renaissance hotel directly across from the cruise ship terminal !
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread