+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3181121122123124125126127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1315
Like Tree2280Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Does that mean I'd have to throw the walker in the back of the car and tootle on up the 55?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Does that mean I'd have to throw the walker in the back of the car and tootle on up the 55?
    Yes! Exactly!
    Lynda

I will be in Sacramento for a couple days next week before heading to San Francisco. Anyone familiar with Sacramento know of any yummy restaurants they could recommend? Thanks in advance!
    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
    KAREN

As soon as my students have left tomorrow Iím going to Las Vegas! Iím so ready for a little break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Punkin, momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Have a ball! Remember, what happens there stays there! :wink
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    I will be in Sacramento for a couple days next week before heading to San Francisco. Anyone familiar with Sacramento know of any yummy restaurants they could recommend? Thanks in advance!
    I could make dozens of suggestions. Sacramento is a restaurant town and NOT chain restaurants.

You definitely need to get breakfast at Fox and Goose at 10th and R. It's an English-style pub that consistently wins "Best Breakfast" in the Best of Sac. You HAVE to have the olallieberry scone, no matter what else you eat. YOu can get everything from bangers and mash to a more "California" omelette with chicken and avocado with a side of tempeh. Some prefer Bacon & Butter, but I'm loyal to F&G. Plus, the atmosphere is so much fun.

For finer dining, Paragarry's is amazing (at least one former Top Chef contestant has worked there) and/or The Firehouse and/or Biba and/or The Waterboy...... Honestly, Sacramento is so packed full of great restaurants. You could eat dinner at a different one every night for a year and hardly ever have a bad meal. LOTS of casual dining and lots of fine dining too.

What area of Sac are you staying in? I could give you more specific suggestions if I know where you'll be.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We're going to be driving through Sacramento next year, and I'm already putting Fox & Goose on my list of places to go! Awesome description . . . thanks for the info.
    momrek06 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I could make dozens of suggestions. Sacramento is a restaurant town and NOT chain restaurants.

You definitely need to get breakfast at Fox and Goose at 10th and R. It's an English-style pub that consistently wins "Best Breakfast" in the Best of Sac. You HAVE to have the olallieberry scone, no matter what else you eat. YOu can get everything from bangers and mash to a more "California" omelette with chicken and avocado with a side of tempeh. Some prefer Bacon & Butter, but I'm loyal to F&G. Plus, the atmosphere is so much fun.

For finer dining, Paragarry's is amazing (at least one former Top Chef contestant has worked there) and/or The Firehouse and/or Biba and/or The Waterboy...... Honestly, Sacramento is so packed full of great restaurants. You could eat dinner at a different one every night for a year and hardly ever have a bad meal. LOTS of casual dining and lots of fine dining too.

What area of Sac are you staying in? I could give you more specific suggestions if I know where you'll be.
    I'm visiting a friend who lives in West Sacramento..

Thanks for the suggestions!!
    Critical and momrek06 like this.
    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    I'm visiting a friend who lives in West Sacramento..

Thanks for the suggestions!!
    I don't know West Sac well, but I'm sure your friend does!

Fox & Goose is near downtown, so it's a short drive from West Sac. What I will say is that F&G is very popular. If you show up around 9:30, you'll be waiting, especially on a weekend. It's not a bad place to wait (lots of things to look at and free coffee), but if you go earlier, you get in quicker. They do have outdoor seating and heat lamps, but your food might get cold before you're finished!

I'm pretty sure they'll have the lights up in Old Sacramento, so that's a great time. Lots of shops to wander through and it's just a fun place to walk around. My favorite restaurant down there is Fat City. Beautiful turn of the century bar and lots of other period pieces. Tiffany-style lighting, art prints. Oh, and good food too! If you do go to Old Sac, allot some time for Evangeline's, a huge gift and costume shop and stop off at Rocky Mountain Chocolate for a snack. I'm partial to the chocolate covered graham crackers. Sac is lots of fun, especially during the holidays. Have a wonderful time!

AZC - let me know when you're coming and maybe I can come meet you at F&G for breakfast!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread