+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Headed to Vegas in the morning and then next Friday my barbados trip. Hopefully I won't come home from Vegas and find the fire has reached us!
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Have fun, MsDiva!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

See, waywyrd, that's your problem. Working gets in the way and takes up way too much time that could be better spent on vacation. You need to get old so you can travel more. LOL.
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Headed to Vegas in the morning and then next Friday my barbados trip. Hopefully I won't come home from Vegas and find the fire has reached us!
    Well try not to worry, and have fun!!)
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Have a wonderful time, MsDiva!
    momrek06 likes this.

Have fun, MsDiva!

I heart VEGAS!
    KAREN

Vegas isn't really my kind of thing, but I would love to visit there to see the Donny and Marie Show.
    AZChristian likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Gee, I guess I just have to live vicariously through all of your vacations. We haven't taken a vacation in years! Hubby is retired from his job about 9 years now, having taken an early retirement in his early 50s. But, for the last 9 years he has worked p/t in his field 3 days a week. Neither he nor I are beach folk. I love cruising and he hates it. We've been on a few but the last one was 2007 or 2008, I think. My dream vacation is to explore my roots in Italy but hubby wants to see the U.S. first. Of course, him being such a car buff, we'd have to hit every dang car museum west of Harrisburg, PA, which is the farthest west I've been. Never been to the Pacific coast or even west of the Mississippi River, unless you count our cruise to Alaska. There's a whole country out there, let alone world, and hubby seems content to stay put. He'd love to retire to our vacation home in the mts. of PA, but I am having none of it. I am a suburban girl, through and through.

Oh well, for now I will have to settle for being an armchair traveler and live vicariously through all of your travels...please post photos, everybody!
    Punkin likes this.

For those of you who are not afraid of snow (Not Me!), Viking River Cruises has specials in the wintertime where they offer cheap airfare ($200 from East Coast, $400 from West Coast, pp each way) and two-for-one rates on their river cruises (around $2000 for two persons) for river cruises through Europe during Christmas while all the river port cities are all decked out for the Holidays. I could not see affording an European trip, but for these prices (comparable to a cruise in my hemisphere), but I have no snow gear and no desire to have a snow vacation., I told my nurse-practitioner about this last year and she and her family took a Viking Cruise trip last Christmas and they loved it! They started off in Amsterdam and visited 5 countries and had a wonderful trip! Something to consider?
    waywyrd and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    For those of you who are not afraid of snow (Not Me!), Viking River Cruises has specials in the wintertime where they offer cheap airfare ($200 from East Coast, $400 from West Coast, pp each way) and two-for-one rates on their river cruises (around $2000 for two persons) for river cruises through Europe during Christmas while all the river port cities are all decked out for the Holidays. I could not see affording an European trip, but for these prices (comparable to a cruise in my hemisphere), but I have no snow gear and no desire to have a snow vacation., I told my nurse-practitioner about this last year and she and her family took a Viking Cruise trip last Christmas and they loved it! They started off in Amsterdam and visited 5 countries and had a wonderful trip! Something to consider?
    We looked at that. We would love to see all the Christmas markets. But I don't want to leave -20 and see more snow. We will take one of those types of cruises when its summer, and you can sit outside..they look so lovely. They stop at some really neat places.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread