+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118119120121122123124125126127128
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1280
Like Tree2183Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Heading out on a Cruise this Sunday. I need a break since my Dad passed in May I have been kind of out of it. A week away from everything in The Caribbean is literally what the Dr. suggested. I had this planned and almost cancelled it when my dad passed.
    Sounds divine. I love cruising. Enjoy, MsDiva!

beerbelly likes this.

I love cruising too! My favorite was a cruise through the Panama Canal. We had a lot of sea days which I so enjoyed. And the cast of characters! They all seemed like the were taken from a Noel Coward play.
    Punkin likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I love cruising too! My favorite was a cruise through the Panama Canal. We had a lot of sea days which I so enjoyed. And the cast of characters! They all seemed like the were taken from a Noel Coward play.
    Was it the Princess line, beerbelly? My sister cruised the Panama Canal several years ago and loved it also. For my next cruise I'd like to either do a Mediterranean cruise including stops in Italy and Greece OR a cruise around the Hawaiian islands. My passport has expired and needs to be renewed but I keep putting it off because I don't have any trips planned for abroad and the passport is only good for 10 years.
    beerbelly likes this.

I did Crystal Cruises.

Oh! Those sound so wonderful. I do like cruises with more 'sea days' so I can read my book and watch the water.

I *just* got my passport renewed, I would just do it. It's a pain. I did meet some really nice people at the Postoffice though...(the only highlight).
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    - Virginia Woolf

I will never need a passport, but if I did Southern California's version of Auto Club (AAA) processes them, no post office needed.

A friend and her family have twice taken European River Cruises that then hug the coastline of whatever country is at the base of the river...in other words, I don't remember.
    They are veteran cruisers and she couldn't say enough happy things about the river boats and/or ships.
    beerbelly likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The post office here is like a passport super center or whatever they call it. It's a whole big separate office. When I went in there a few months ago, I was in and out in under an hour and there were a lot of people waiting. I was worried I would be spending the whole day. I brought a book (surprise!), a bottle of water and a protein bar!

My folks and I are headed out in about three weeks for our Alaskan cruise. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with everything I need to get done before we leave, but I'm also excited. I hope we don't want to kill each other by the end of the trip! I'm so thankful I've got my own room! That would definitely be too much togetherness.

My parents have done an Alaskan cruise before, but they did Princess that time. They weren't bowled over, so this time they chose Celebrity. We'll see if they're happier. This will be my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to! I don't really care about huge amounts of food, but I'm excited to see the sights. Plus, I've already scoped out the walking track and the gym on the Celebrity website!

My parents are in their 80s and love cruises. My dad in particular has a hard time adapting to change, so cruises are great for him. Instead of having to go from hotel to hotel, the hotel goes with you and you only have to unpack once! For this trip, we're doing a land tour before we get on the ship, so we'll have four days traveling around before we get to unpack for a while.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That sounds wonderful! I'd love to do an Alaskan cruise. Plus, cruises are a great place to find nooks and read.
    - Virginia Woolf

I'm looking forward to it, for sure. My parents celebrate their 60th anniversary in September, so this is what they wanted to do to mark the occasion. I don't know how much time I'll have to read, but maybe I can get in some reading time on a stationary bike in the gym! I'm mainly looking forward to seeing the sights and getting lots of fresh seafood, although I'm obviously bringing my Kindle with me!

I'm feeling anxious about being gone for nearly two weeks because I have an elderly cat who needs a bit more TLC with respect to feeding times and my friend who's on cat duty tends to overextend herself. I'm planning on talking to her best friend to see if she can step in if my friend spaces out and schedules something for a day OR gets sick. Ah, I miss the days when the cats could be left with big bowls of kibble and a bowl of water! SO much easier to have someone come in every other day or so, vs. twice daily. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to my babies!
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm feeling anxious about being gone for nearly two weeks because I have an elderly cat who needs a bit more TLC with respect to feeding times and my friend who's on cat duty tends to overextend herself. I'm planning on talking to her best friend to see if she can step in if my friend spaces out and schedules something for a day OR gets sick. Ah, I miss the days when the cats could be left with big bowls of kibble and a bowl of water! SO much easier to have someone come in every other day or so, vs. twice daily. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to my babies!
    We just got back from "remedial training" for taking care of our daughter's cats. She'll be gone for 4 days, and one of her cats is diabetic and needs shots. We'll just pack up some stuff and spend those nights up there. If we forget something, we can drive the 40 miles home. It'll be nice to spend a few days on the other side of the city - there's a restaurant there that I've been wanting to visit . . . and I'll take a stack of books to read. Plus, they have all the premium channels on their TV, so I can catch up on HBO and STARZ movies.
    Punkin likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Good for you guys, kitty watchers!! Cat owners need vacations too!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Lynda

+ Reply to Thread