+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2287Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

I'm on Spring Break! Not traveling too far but I'm going to Camelback Ranch next weekend to catch some Dodgers games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Punkin, Ellen, AZChristian and 2 others like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I'm on Spring Break! Not traveling too far but I'm going to Camelback Ranch next weekend to catch some Dodgers games
    If you get some free time, let me know! We should be around.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    If you get some free time, let me know! We should be around.
    Ooh yay! I'm sure I will as I'm going to the game on Friday and the game on Saturday and have no plans after either of the games...other than eventually sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

We're going kayaking soon in Keys and the Everglades. Totally psyched and mildly terrified.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Cootie and 3 others like this.
    And so it begins, the end of times..

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Ooh yay! I'm sure I will as I'm going to the game on Friday and the game on Saturday and have no plans after either of the games...other than eventually sleeping
    Awesome. PM me with you schedule and we'll arrange a get-together!
    I'm Paula.

Just booked a cruise that will take us to Labadee, Haiti next April (2018). If you're wondering why, might I suggest you Google "zipline Labadee Haiti"??? Longest line OVER WATER in the world.
    Punkin, waywyrd, beerbelly and 4 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just booked a cruise that will take us to Labadee, Haiti next April (2018). If you're wondering why, might I suggest you Google "zipline Labadee Haiti"??? Longest line OVER WATER in the world.
    Ooo, I went there a few years ago and am still kicking myself for not doing that zipline! It looked like a blast. Enjoy!
    AZChristian likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

It's been a few years since I've flown a major airline. The flights I've taken have been excursion flights. They seem to have their own set of baggage rules, although they're so much cheaper that it's worth the inconvenience.
    Well, I just booked my flight for my Summer Vacation and I'm surprised at the baggage rules. No free checked baggage anymore. You pay for every single piece. For the cost of the flight you'd think they'd give you 1 free piece. But NO. Plus you have to add all the dimensions together to get a total you can't go over.
    However, you do get a free carry on piece. It also has to fit into the approved dimensions. I have a large carry bag I think I'll use. It's over the size limit when empty, but when filled it should just fit. I'd rather not take one that big, but it's better than paying $50.00 for a second bag.

I'm not sure if the baggage costs are for round trip or each way. Does anyone know that?
    Plus, does everyone have this issue or is it just here, since our planes are usually of the smaller variety? Not tiny, but more like the excursion size.

Money, money, money. It's all about tacking on more charges. Pick a seat - Pay more; Use a pillow - Pay more; Have a drink - Pay more; Get a snack - Pay more. Anymore I'm afraid to use the bathroom for fear I'll be handed a bill.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I know we have been charged baggage fees for each way. Usually on the website it will say what their rules are. I bet all of them charge for each trip. Like you said, "Money, money, money"

And the fees had to be paid via credit card when booking or maybe when printing out a boarding pass prior to flying home. You can't pay at the terminal.
    Punkin likes this.

I fly exclusively on Southwest unless I'm leaving the country. No charge for the first two pieces of luggage.
    Stargazer161 likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread