+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

We are at our hotel, right across the street from Mall of America. Poor hubby. Tonight is a baseball game for him, but tomorrow is ALL MINE.

Today's vacation report. I can now take "Mall of America" off my bucket list. I LOVED IT!!!! I was a little concerned because a couple of ladies I spoke to last night had been there yesterday and didn't think it was all that great. They were wrong!

In addition to all the uniquely Minnesota stores (where I bought my d-i-l's Christmas gift), they had an awesome Christoper & Banks store where I found two pretty tops, a pair of white cropped pants, and a pair of SIZE 8 jeans. It made me tear up to see the grin on my husband's face when I came out of the dressing room. I was in an 18 six months ago, but the look on his face today was, "Wow . . . my sweetie looks happy, and that makes her look even more pretty!" After shopping, we had lunch at Bubba Gump, accompanied by a mango margarita. And now it's time for a nap!
    Punkin, waywyrd and momrek06 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Today's vacation report. I can now take "Mall of America" off my bucket list. I LOVED IT!!!! I was a little concerned because a couple of ladies I spoke to last night had been there yesterday and didn't think it was all that great. They were wrong!

In addition to all the uniquely Minnesota stores (where I bought my d-i-l's Christmas gift), they had an awesome Christoper & Banks store where I found two pretty tops, a pair of white cropped pants, and a pair of SIZE 8 jeans. It made me tear up to see the grin on my husband's face when I came out of the dressing room. I was in an 18 six months ago, but the look on his face today was, "Wow . . . my sweetie looks happy, and that makes her look even more pretty!" After shopping, we had lunch at Bubba Gump, accompanied by a mango margarita. And now it's time for a nap!
    What fun AZ!! Does your hubby like to shop? you are lucky if he does. I know I am, my hubby will shop until we drop. Good for you to have such fun!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When he agrees to go with me to a mall, he's a good sport. I always tell him to let me know when he's done having "fun" with shopping, and I don't push beyond that time. It's all a series of compromises. I go to ball games and he does the other stuff with me. Most stuff we both enjoy . . . just because we enjoy being together.
    Punkin likes this.

Size 18 to 8 in six months! Man, that's awesome.
    Ellen, momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

Thanks. I still look in the mirror and think it's pretty amazing. Weight loss is hard at my age, but once we got rolling, it wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    What fun AZ!! Does your hubby like to shop? you are lucky if he does. I know I am, my hubby will shop until we drop. Good for you to have such fun!
    My hubby is a shopper too, FM!!! Yup, shop until we drop!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Thanks. I still look in the mirror and think it's pretty amazing. Weight loss is hard at my age, but once we got rolling, it wasn't too bad.
    I think it's because you never stay still.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Starting to make reservations for our next vacay. It will include 3 nights in North Platte, Nebraska . . . my husband's 55th high school reunion. Gonna be an exciting weekend. Not.

Oh, I'd LOVE to be able to travel as much as you two, AZ! I keep a calendar at work with the year's vacations marked on it...gives me something to look forward to.

We did just book a weekend at Tybee Island in Georgia. It's only 20 miles or so from Savannah, so we are definitely going to go sight-seeing there.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread