+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree535Likes

Thread: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

FORT Regular

Re: VACATION!! Yeah!! (Anyone Else?)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I was about to remind you, mcmomof2, not to forget to take the kiddies for a trip across the Golden Gate to Muir Woods while you're visiting all the City sights. But if mc refers to your Bay Area county, I think I'm probably preaching to the Choir!
    Punkin- it doesn't stand for my county. I'm on the other side of the gg bridge. Like I said, I'm definelty not a city person. More of a suburban girl, so any suggestions you would have, I'd gladly take. I'm sure there are many SF and surrounding area gems that I'm missing out on!

Well, Muir Woods is my very own favorite, favorite, favorite! Whenever we have out of town guests I take them there and then to lunch at the Spinnaker restaurant in Sausalito where you have a beautiful view of the Bay and the City. The Exploratorium, now at Pier 15, is all new in a new setting since they left the Palace of Fine Arts building. Pier 39 has a lot of attractions for families. The cable cars Cable Car Routes & Maps will take you to Chinatown, North Beach, Aquatic Park and Fisherman's Wharf, with a fun ride for the kids. There are hop-on-hop-off Tour Buses San Francisco City Bus Tours by City Sightseeing San Francisco that run all over the City and can hook you up with Alcatraz Tours or Bay Cruises.

Definitely go to Alcatraz for me! Take a couple pictures. I've lived here all my life and never managed to go out and see it for myself. I mean, it always was just there.

When my children were young and teens, our vacations were always camping vacations at San Mateo County Memorial Park near Pescadero. Hikes, Redwoods, squirrels, creek walking, Smores, raccoons, board games, Ranger Campfires, BBQ's. Still my favorite local vacation, though that reminds me we haven't pitched that 5 room tent in about 4 years. I think that as we get older it looks like a lot of work, but I need to put it on my vacation "to do" list before we become too feeble to pitch a tent! I Love the Redwood Forests we are blessed with! The beauty and serenity and family fun are memories we still laugh about when we get together.

Have a fun vacation in your "backyard"! A backyard many would envy you for! Your kids are definitely lucky to have parents who want to have memorable and educational vacations with them, than those kids whose parents would rather stick them with a sitter while they hop a flight to Vegas (as I've been shocked to hear about from one of my adult kids who have friends like that.) If you need to borrow some camping equipment, give me a call. We've got it all! Really!
    Debb70 likes this.

You got that right. Many parents want to spend their vacation doing everything but being with their kids. To have family time together, actually doing things and spending time together is fantastic! I'm more of a Winnebago person, but I like the tent idea.
    Punkin likes this.

We just finalized Jamaica, we are going in January. Also we are looking at Cabo end of march early April.
    Punkin, waywyrd, momrek06 and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hear Cabo is great! I've been to Cancun, but never Cabo.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hear Cabo is great! I've been to Cancun, but never Cabo.
    We love Cabo, its a fun place Debb
    momrek06 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

We took a "Pirate Ship" out of the harbor at Cabo and went snorkeling. It was a really fun trip because the "Pirates" told us a lot about the ship and it's history. And they were really cute.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Regular

Thank you Punkin for all your suggestions. I'm def. getting excited about it. Yes, I always try to take a few vacations with the kids over the summer. With school and my work, I feel like I'm always shortchanged with spending time with them, so we will take at least a week off to do a "big" vacation and then we'll try to plan a few 3 day outings too. Up to Tahoe, visit my sister who lives a few hours away etc.

My husband and I went camping/waterskiing a lot before we had kids. It is a lot of work and we now stay in hotels, but I told the kids we have to do it at least once so they can appreciate it.

Cabo and Jamaica sound fabulous! I guess I should start planning next years! I was actually thinking of doing the Disney Aulani (?) resort in Hawaii. It looks wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmomof2 View Post
    Thank you Punkin for all your suggestions. I'm def. getting excited about it. Yes, I always try to take a few vacations with the kids over the summer. With school and my work, I feel like I'm always shortchanged with spending time with them, so we will take at least a week off to do a "big" vacation and then we'll try to plan a few 3 day outings too. Up to Tahoe, visit my sister who lives a few hours away etc.

My husband and I went camping/waterskiing a lot before we had kids. It is a lot of work and we now stay in hotels, but I told the kids we have to do it at least once so they can appreciate it.

Cabo and Jamaica sound fabulous! I guess I should start planning next years! I was actually thinking of doing the Disney Aulani (?) resort in Hawaii. It looks wonderful.
    Hawaii sounds great as well! isn't it nice to plan a holiday?? have fun whatever you do
    -Andy Rooney-

I am packing for 2 trips I am headed to Vegas for the weekend and then Barbados next Friday the 23rd.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread