+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you "snobby" about?

What are you "snobby" about?

We've all heard of "wine snobs", no? I'm not a wine snob, though I do have some favorites that are less affordable than others.

I'm curious if others have things they are snobby about and what those might be?

I am not at all ashamed to admit I am an unadulterated, dyed-in-the-wool, card-carrying coffee snob. A bad one. Even Starbucks is pushing the limit for me. I go there in the AM because it's close and tolerable, but I order my coffee from a roaster in Montana that roasts daily. I'm even picky how I drink it. I don't like flavors or sugar, only real 1/2 and 1/2, none of that powdered stuff or the junk that SAYS it's 1/2 and 1/2 but needs no refrigeration.

I'm hoping I'm not the only snob out there!

i haven't been able to drink coffee for a year now but i'm a somewhat coffee snob.

i have to drink it black. my favorite coffee is blue mountain which i haven't had in years . . i mean, at over $16 a pound, it's a bit much!

i'm sure i'm a snob about a lot of things but i'm having a brain fart right now. i'm sure i'll be back later!

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I'm a clothing snob. I can't even look at a sales rack -- it is pathetic. I am also a snob when it comes to food. I only eat JIF extra crunchy peanut butter and stay away from all store name foods.

I am prob. snobby about a great deal of other things as well, but oh well.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Love this thread! Im so ashamed to admit it but im a purse snob. Knockoffs? HELL NO! They have to be the real thing, and only certain ones. and of course with matching wallets. People at work are always saying, "God how many purses do you have? or how much did you pay for that" LOL
    No Kate Spade or Bottega Venetta or Coach. I only have Fendi (5) Gucci (1) Prada (4) Louis Vuitton (2) Burberry (1) Christian Dior (2) Celine (1) Hermes (1) Hogan (1) Some how my husband is smart and thats what he gets me for presents... Getting a knockoff would be a sacrilege!!!! Total snob I know... lol

:monkeybut :monkeybut :monkeybut :monkeybut

Although I will drink whatever is offered at a party, I am a beer snob (a beer snob...hmmm sounds like an Oxymoron to me LOL....anyways...) I know my beers & know what I want ... and usually bring my own just to make SURE I get the good stuff!!

I'm a shoe snob because I'm really really picky about my shoes... Not as much BRAND names as it is looks..they gotta LOOK right.
    I always tell people NOT to get me shoes for gifts because I will most likely not like them.... my shoes have to be perfect, and when I see the right shoes, I know we're meant for one another..
    Needless to say I can go through a thousand shoe stores but if I dont see THE pair, there won't be any shoe purchases that day.

I'm the same way with purses.... it needs to be THE exact right one for me to use it....

Other than those, I'm pretty easy going lol .... =D
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Originally posted by Wyndemere

I'm a shoe snob because I'm really really picky about my shoes... Not as much BRAND names as it is looks..they gotta LOOK right.
    I always tell people NOT to get me shoes for gifts because I will most likely not like them.... my shoes have to be perfect, and when I see the right shoes, I know we're meant for one another..
    Needless to say I can go through a thousand shoe stores but if I dont see THE pair, there won't be any shoe purchases that day.

I'm the same way with purses.... it needs to be THE exact right one for me to use it....

Other than those, I'm pretty easy going lol .... =D
    Me too!!! I don't feel so alone anymore.
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

yay! There are more of us!! I thought it was just me being hopelessly difficult, I'm glad it's not just me! lol
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I am a fragrance snob! There is only ONE scent that I will wear, and I have worn it for years. I will not even consider another. It has become my signature scent, and I am highly complimented on it by men AND women. I'm always told that I smell like I just stepped out of the shower! Of course, I usually combine it with my favorite body powder, so it doesn't smell like it does when it comes out of the atomizer!! It is such a fantastic secret! :cool:

AND I AM A THREADCOUNT SNOB!!! I ADMIT IT!!! I'm only up to about 500 right now, but I'm still climbing!!! The least I will consider owning is about 300, and definitely not below 250!! It can be a little embarassing, but 'I LIKES WHAT I LIKES!!!'

Happy Day, All!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    But I'm not really a snob at all........I just have and indulge my strong preferences!! I work hard for my money, I enjoy my money, and I have few vices. Since this isn't a dress rehearsal, and nobody gets out of this thing alive, I'M GOING FOR IT!!

I suggest you do the same!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hmmm, I'm not really a snob about anything but food.

1) Decent coffee, only real 1/2 and 1/2, no sugar, no flavored stuff.

2) Pepsi - no knockoffs or Coke, unless it's unavoidable. I usually take a couple with me when we go places.

3) I'm a Kraft junkie, and I don't know why. Kraft Mac & Cheese, Kraft singles, Kraft Mayo, etc. Nothing else will do.

4) Heinz Ketchup

...and so on...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast