+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you "snobby" about?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I am a huge snob about cookies/other baking products. Why buy a cake from Safeway with about an inch of frosting between each layer when I could make you one easily? Ooh and those cookies that you just break off and shove in the oven? I don't think so. Cake mixes? uh, no. I'm so anal about it.

And I'm the total opposite of John, it must be Coke. If there's a soda machine with no Coke, I just get Root Beer/Dr. Pepper. Don't give me no stinkin' Pepsi! Although, to avoid making a scene at restaurants, I do answer that Pepsi would be alright when I ask for a Coke, but I get a bit peeved.
    This could be me exactly!I'm big on the home baking too and please don't get me started on canned frosting; yuck.
    As for Pepsi...well, I usually drink Diet Coke, and they don't usually have diet Dr. Pepper. So if the restaurant serves Pepsi, I usually just get water instead!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Fun thread. Hope you can all still stand me after I reveal how much of a snob I really am.

1. I am a clothing, shoes, purse, and jewelry snob. There is a reason clothes are expensive...it's because they are worth it! Here's an example of what's in my closet: Prada America's Cup Sneakers (I just got these - brown & white with velcro straps- so cute!), my new Jelly Kelly blue rubber purse (so springy!), Burberry lambswool nova plaid pink scarf & matching pink baseball cap, Ralph Lauren suits (for work), pink Dolce & Gabbana vita pants and of course a Louis Vuitton Murakami matching purse & wallet. Get the idea? And no, it's not just the label, I've never worn out any of my stuff, my purse straps never break, my clothes never shrink, or wear thin, or wear out or get holes in them.

2. I will not wear gold colored jewelry, it must be sterling silver or platinum.

3. I'm also snobby about sheets & towels - only 300+ thread count please, and so far, I only like Ralph Lauren sheets. (I don't want to hear about egyptian cotton sheets...really, I have enough to be snobby about). Towels -egyptian cotton only please.

4. I'm also a makeup snob. All Bobby Brown - except for the moisturizer..which must be Clinique.

5. I'm pretty snobby about grammar & spelling. I cringe when I see typos I've made (and other people). I'm from the south so the grammar thing is in my face constantly. I cringe when I hear someone say words wrong...or even better...when they put 3 or 4 words together into one new word. The #1 southern phrase that drives me to the brink of insanity is "I'm fixin' to" instead of "I'm about to" aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh I can't stand it.

OK I'll stop now.....but I could go on forever.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I'm snobby about food in general, but specifically mexican food. Coming from a long line of good Mexican cooks, I and really ruthless on restaurants. Don't get me started on my biggest peeve, SouthWestern cuisine. Blue corn this and that I know it's a legit cuisine, but I still can't stand it!

I like nice cars. Doesn't have to be a Lexus, but I once had to drive a Pinto for a year and since then, I've become quite snobby about automobiles. I'm constantly checking out cars while out driving. They don't have to be new, I like well kept classics like Camaros and Mustangs.

Jewelry...I don't care for diamonds very much, I tend to gravitate to colored gems and unique pieces. Buy up quality designer costume jewelry things from 1950-1970.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Oh, just thought of another that really bothers me. I can not stand nail polish of any color, on anybody, fingers or toes. I have never in my life, not even for a second worn any nail polish. French manicures & pedicures or nothing for me.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Yeah, we have an OCD thread, we should dig it up. You'll get a big laugh about it, or pick up some new habits.
    Please do. But I think I would probably be living in that thread

I guess I could say I'm a pizza snob. Absolutely NO Chain pizza places. blah. In fact, I've been making my own pizza for the past 6 months (homemade dough, sauce, etc).
    I am now looking at making my own mozzarella cheese. I also found that I can make a 16" pie for about $3. puffy edge, thin crust and crispy!
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

*Shoes: Rieker, Gabor, and other German brands. Germans make the best shoes. Unfortunately I can not get any here Ah, forgot one; only Asics gel sneakers for the past 12+ years.
    *Tea, loose leaf: Twinings and Nordqvist. Again, can't get here... (my life is just miserable ) And I use only Bodum teapots to brew my tea.
    *Ketchup: Heinz. I do check the price though, the smallest size is cheapest per ounce for some odd reason.
    *Dog/catfood: Iams/Eukanuba.
    *Ilford b&w film.

I am not a shopper, so being brand loyal and snobbish about some things just makes my life easier
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 04-11-2004 at 10:45 AM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I like nice cars. Doesn't have to be a Lexus, but I once had to drive a Pinto for a year and since then, I've become quite snobby about automobiles. I'm constantly checking out cars while out driving. They don't have to be new, I like well kept classics like Camaros and Mustangs.
    I'll have you know - I drove a Pinto for years (it was my high school graduation present). It was so hot! Bright orange with a white vinyl top. Maybe I'm a Pinto snob.

* note to self: win lottery before asking BamaFabulous to marry me
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I just realized I'm a pantyhose snob too. I love Hanes Beyond Bare...I like 'em the sheerer the better, even if they cost 10 bucks.

For whomever said they were all worried about grammar on here, search through some of the posts. I make mistakes and then cringe about them later and it's really embarrassing!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread