+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you "snobby" about?

i used to be a somewhat of a beer snob too. now i don't really drink beer anymore. more of a wine snob . . and like my chopin martinis.

i love kraft too!

hmmm, i'm agreeing with too much on this thread. i must be an all-around snob.

Fade to black
    Books, poetry and movies more than anything.

And like John, I'm a Kraft Mac & Cheese guy. Generic doesn't cut the mustard.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

When I read the name of this thread and saw the name of the person who initiated it, I was all ready to say a big "me too!". GrammarGoddess, I was *sure* you were going to say spelling and grammar! I've become so bad with my grammar and spelling issues that I actually once had a dream where I was in some sort of a Matrix-y place that was supposed to represent the various chat rooms and message boards online and my head screwed off to reveal a giant red pen!

That's not to say that I'm some expert, because I'm not. I don't give a damn about pluperfect this or dangling participle that. I'm talking more about the multitudes of people who say "your stupid" or "why can't you just except that Gore lost??". Blah.

I'd *like* to be a shoe/purse/wine snob, but I'm too broke, so it's still Payless, knockoffs and Franzia for me. Mmmm....wine in a box. That's gooooood livin'.

I sorta thought the grammar snobbery was a given...heh heh. I have to admit, I HAVE learned to lighten up. I still "here" the voices in my head, but I don't give way to them and let the corrections spew out my fingertips!

The only time I correct anyone anymore is if they erroneously correct someone else (aka in a Mr. Personality thread the other day) or if someone asks me "too", such as in a PowerPoint presentation.

Ack. Another "snob" thing, or maybe it's just a pet peeve. Ok, it's probably anal retentiveness. I can't look at a PowerPoint presentation without wanting to fix it...heh heh...from the grammar to the template to ensuring the slide masters and slide layouts are used correctly.

I know I'm sick...and that's really the first step toward getting help, right?

Princess
    Hmmm... sounds like this one should be merged with the OCD thread ....
    ....and I'm taking the 5th .

Kraft all the way.

I can't afford to be snobby about much else. Just in the grocery store. No store brands for me--especially cereal. I don't know why the marshmellows taste different in the real lucky charms--they just do!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Yeah, we have an OCD thread, we should dig it up. You'll get a big laugh about it, or pick up some new habits.

I'm a walking bag of neuroses...I used to hope they were those cute, adorable quirks that some guy would find fascinating. I've since reshaped my perceptions. Now I know it's just OCD! I'd love to see the OCD thread--surely there must be someone worse than me!

Check on this forum, 3 or 4 pages deep probably.

my hubby's biggest pet peeve is when people misuse the apostrophe. "how many flower's would you like?"

i don't know why but i hate when people get the whole effect/affect thing confused.

on the other hand, i find that when i'm on the boards, i'm always mistyping. if i don't pay attention, i have my own share of "your so funny!"

really bad huh? a snob who can't even get it right herself!

+ Reply to Thread