+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Saving Time Begins

Re: Daylight Saving Time Begins

I love daylight savings time...not an early riser and like the longer daytimes.
    "Take the best and leave the rest!"

MRD

I like having more light at the end of the day. I just hate the adjustment. Takes me a week or two to get used to it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think it should just stay one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3853912;

I don't like "losing" an hour of clocktime, so I like the "fall forward" much better.

H.
    Actually, SPRING forward--I hope you didn't go the wrong way!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I, too, like waking up with the sun, or at least, light. Now it is back to the dark. I have never figured out how making the change this early in the year saves energy in the evening hours. Yes, you turn on the lights an hour later, but you turn them on an hour earlier in the morning.

I know there is a long history with DLST, but jeez...why can't they settle on a "standard" time (whatever that may be) for the whole year? By the time we get to mid-summer it all evens out anyway.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'd imagine there are plenty of people in southwestern Connecticut who are thrilled to have the extra hour of daylight tonight-- my parents, among others, have been without power for more than 24 hours and several towns have already canceled school for tomorrow.

Needless to say, they won't be having any problems adjusting to the time change this year-- they went to bed around 8 pm last night.

While I don't mind adjusting to DST and Standard Time all that much (after all, it's only an hour), it is a pain in the butt during the four weeks out of the year that we're out of sync with when France (and other countries) change to and from DST. In addition to my other stuff, I've been teaching ESL to clients in Paris via Skype, and this puts me in a time crunch between my last Skype class ends and my first local after-school tutoring session begins. Luckily, in two weeks, France will spring ahead to DST/summer time, and I'll have my lunch break back.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3854514;
    Actually, SPRING forward--I hope you didn't go the wrong way!

No, it was a slip of the fingers while I was thinking about Time (wait, I thought it was wise to think while composing a post, lol). I was even reciting "spring forward, fall back" (not out loud though ).

My alarm clock is smart enough to handle the time change. It's a bit ironic, though, as I overslept anyway due to taking a few "snoozes" after my alarm clock went off and apparently turning it off that last time. I woke up saying "no! it can't be that late!" and hoped that the clock was dumb after all. But, alas! I needed the extra sleep, but it wasn't in the plan.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3854740;
    While I don't mind adjusting to DST and Standard Time all that much (after all, it's only an hour), it is a pain in the butt during the four weeks out of the year that we're out of sync with when France (and other countries) change to and from DST. In addition to my other stuff, I've been teaching ESL to clients in Paris via Skype, and this puts me in a time crunch between my last Skype class ends and my first local after-school tutoring session begins. Luckily, in two weeks, France will spring ahead to DST/summer time, and I'll have my lunch break back.
    Sadly my elderly VCRs are apparently living in France. They were programed to change on a certain date, and they will not respond to the automatic time set signals they are receiving to update. It shows you how old they are that they are still on "old" DLST.

MRD

Well one good thing. I am no longer waking up at 5:30 every morning. My internal clock isn't programmed to the change and now I'm waking up at 6:30 instead.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast