+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could it be terrorism?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Could it be terrorism?

This Washington area sniper....

Mr. B and I had a lot of time to chat about this yesterday on our way back to the DC region. While we don't think it is a terrorist, this certainly could be something that done in mass and so randomly would terrorize our nation.

It's already doing so in my opinion. I live in a nice neighborhood, but Montgomery County, MD (the site of the first shootings) is like the 4th wealthiest county in the country and wasn't safe. MD and DC are both only a 25 minute drive from my house. This nut has so many different places he could go, that's what is really scary.

Mr. B wouldn't let me go running today outside on my trail. We finally agreed I could go to the gym, but only after driving around the parking lot and surrounding area to check for suspicious vehicles. And he won't let me go get gas in the car or go to the grocery store alone. I'm captive in my own home!

I don't know...some radio hosts I've heard talking are thinking this could be a terrorist... Maybe they have a point...
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

That was one of my first thoughts, actually. The fact that it's in and around DC is suggestive of that, as well.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It's not inconceivable.

The thing about the 9-11 attacks is that everyone has to be on alert. Who would have thought that those people going to work at the WTC or the Pentagon.. or just getting on a plane were going to be victims of Al-Qaeda.

Everything, everyone is suspect. It's a whole new world.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Sleeping with George W
    I've wondered for a long time when suicide bombings would start happening in the U.S. Snipers could be another form of that ... get people afraid of going outside and conducting life as usual, plus an added advantage to the terrorist since he doesn't have to blow himself up as well.

I heard a radio guy here suggest that West Nile Virus was biological terrorism imported from the Middle East. I'm much less likely to believe that. Snipers as terrorist I can easily buy.

I have to say that by the pure meaning of the word it is terrorism, as people all around the area are frightened. That is what terrorists do. BUT, do I think it has anything to do with Bin Laden or Al Queda? No, personally I don't.

Side Note:
    We are 90 miles outside of DC. I subbed today and the kids were not allowed out to check on their Plant Projects. They were in a courtyard only accessible from inside the building. Lockdown is lockdown. Pretty sad.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali,
    I am in agreement with you. These acts are instilling terror in many. That is terrorism. It happens in every country and is carried out by citizens of those countries. It is not always one country against another. It is everywhere. I just hope they find this person soon, and that it IS only one person with no copycats to follow.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Snipers and assassins are one of the oldest forms of terrorism.I just hope they catch the person responsible before anyone else gets hurt.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Terrorists don't have to be from the Middle East to be terrorists. Oklahoma City, anyone?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    So true Duck!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

From whatever country, anyone that instills this kind of fear and does this kind of random killing is a FREAKIN' PSYCHO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast