+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could it be terrorism?

Sleeping with George W
    Anyone know which Tarot card?

I think I am more aware of everything that goes on around me, the good and the suspicious. Just a heightened sense of awareness in general. There is a diferent type of normal settleing in for the world. We will never be back to the way anything was BEFORE 9/11.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Death card, Eden. The sniper appears to be wildly imaginative, a real boon to society.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    Death card I believe Eden.

Cali, this would have definitely made national news even before 9/11. There have been way to many shootings and deaths for this to not have been top news. Remember how much coverage the Andrew Cunanan killings got a number of years ago and he started off by killing acquaintences and people knew who he was, not nearly as "catchy" as an unknown killer manhunt. Cunanan was all over the news and papers long before he even killed Versaci (was that the right designer, I have no fashion sense), and all his other victims were not celebrities. Of course we got a huge dose of that coverage here in MN as this is where he started his killing spree.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

It was the Death card, and it said "Dear Policeman: I am God."

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Do you generally feel more aware of possible terrorist threats after 9/11, or do you feel that you are really back to "business as usual" until something like this brings it back into focus?
    Fluff, outstanding (and tough) question...

For the most part, I feel like daily life has resumed as "normal". Being in the DC area, though, it's hard to put it out of your mind even for a day as there are constant reminders. Every time I drive downtown and see the Pentagon I think back to that day. Most everyone in my neighborhood still flies the American flag outside their homes. Many times I find myself looking up in the sky as a plane leaves Dulles airport and flies over my house...and I think "what if..."

9-11 has not really kept me from doing my normal daily activities, but they do make me think about them more as I am doing them.
    - I'm pay much more attention to people at work, in my neighborhood, at the gym, and in cars around me
    - On a plane I tend to watch someone very closely everytime they get out of their seats
    - Mr. B and I have talked about "our exit plan" if there were a biological attack on DC
    - We at times have questioned whether we really want to bring children into the world (that conversation usually only on the darkest days)

I would say the sniper definitely brings a lot of it back though for many people, as well as new fears. For us, the sniper has definitely effected our daily routines....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by lobeck
    It was the Death card, and it said "Dear Policeman: I am God."
    IF this card was used by the sniper, then he doesn't know much about Tarot. The death card doesn't symbolize literal, physical death at all and is in fact a very positive card about transitioning out of the old and into the new.

I certainly pray that this person is found and stopped soon!

As far a being more aware after 911~

As a New Yorker, I was affected by 9-11, although no one in my family was killed. I think I have definitely became more aware of what COULD happen at any moment. In any instant we could be gone. So I've realized I should enjoy every minute of life while I'm here. I still go about my normal activities, just with a bit of extra precaution at times.

they are a homicidal maniac and should be locked up to keep us all safe, but they do not have the mental intent to be a terrorist.
    LG, you are absolutely correct! I use the word 'psycho' or 'crazy' very loosely. Whether this terrorist has or doesn't have the mental capacity, I'll still refer to that person as a Freakin' Psycho. It was either, that or @!#%*@!#@!

Like almost everyone else, I[m doing my normal activities but a little more alert than pre-9-11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123