+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could it be terrorism?

LG.
    There is that aspect of it Wolf, you're right. A true terrorist would do something like this (random shootings in public) to strike fear in the heart of everyone. However, a truly psychotic person might be doing it because they somehow think that these particular people are satan (and not in a Dani calling Roddy names way) and is shooting them (in their deranged mind) not to terrify other people but to protect themself and maybe others from a perceived threat, in which case they are a homicidal maniac and should be locked up to keep us all safe, but they do not have the mental intent to be a terrorist. Does that make sense? Legalese psycho-babble on tap this morning.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Anyone hear about the Tarot card? The Washington Post says they found a shell casing next to some matted grass near the school where the 13-year-old was hit. Next to that, apparently, was the Death card from the Tarot deck, with the words, "I am God" written on it.

Sounds almost too sensational to be true, and the cops are kind of pseudo-denying it. If it's true, though, sounds like a single psycho, as opposed to a campaign of terrorism being carried out by an organization such as Al-Qaeda.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

yeah, that tarot card story has been all over the news/radio here in dallas, paulie.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well the local CBS station here in the DC area reported the tarot card incident and the Chief of Montgomery County has just LIT into the media for the leak.

So I'm assuming the story is true based on the reaction of the police department.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

A question to the American posters here....

Do you generally feel more aware of possible terrorist threats after 9/11, or do you feel that you are really back to "business as usual" until something like this brings it back into focus?
    "That's Numberwang!"

i've not been "business as usual" actually since 9/11. but i live with a marine. i'm always updated as to the goings on re: terrorist attacks, wars, news bulletins, etc.

I'm not quite sure how to answer that, Fluff. Things are pretty much "back to normal" for me personally, but I am certainly more aware and am apt to be more worried/curious/whatever when something like the DC sniper is in the news...

JR.
    What makes it worse is just not knowing if it is terrorism or just some psycho like Son of Sam or the Zodiac killer. I think it makes everyone a little more nervous than usual.

Originally posted by JR.
    What makes it worse is just not knowing if it is terrorism or just some psycho like Son of Sam or the Zodiac killer. I think it makes everyone a little more nervous than usual.
    Agreed, JR...

That really is an interesting question fluff.
    I think on the outside all the people I interact with are pretty much back to normal, but at the same time you are always more aware of your surroundings. I was asking my hubby this morning if he thought that this sniper guy would have made national news pre- 9/11. We couldn’t decide
    I really try to keep things normal here. With three kids who are all old enough to know what is going on, and aware of world happenings, I feel like I have to keep the home life as normal as possible (which around here is not the typical normal )
    So for me I guess the short answer is: Yes, things are pretty much back to normal, but we are definitely more aware.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast