+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's say thanks to our military....

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Let's say thanks to our military....

The holiday season is fast approaching. I would appreciate it if you would take a minute of your time to thank our military men and women for protecting our country. Many of them are away from their husbands, wives, children, parents etc. It would be nice for them to realize that we are behind them even if we don't agree with the war.

Let's Say Thanks
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Re: Let's say thanks to our military....

Combat,

Thank you.
    I'm certainly not a fan of the war, but I do deeply appreciate those who put their lives on the line for us.

I have tried that website though, numerous times, and I cannot get it to work. If anyone has been successful, can they let us know how they were able?
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was in the Navy for 5 years (I'm a disabled vet) and my husband has been in for 10 and we've been fortunate that we've only been apart one Christmas in that entire time (he's never been home for my birthday or Valentine's day though). I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for family members (and the service member) who are apart during the holidays.

We have one child and I know my husband would be devastated if he had to miss a bunch of Christmas like some of the service members have done.

Good post and thanks for the link.

A number of stores are doing drives as well. Starbucks has the send the coffee to a service member thing as does the Girl Scouts and their cookies. I know this for a fact because the one time my husband was gone for Christmas he talked about the palettes of cookies and coffee they got and how much it meant to the guys/girls.

norealityhere, I had to wait a while for all the postcard choices in the scrolling banner to download... not sure if that's what you ran into or not... but it did (eventually) work for me.

combatcutie, thanks for posting this;

and Harmony2000, a giant thanks to you and your hubby for your service!
    remember to play

Colt,
    Thanks.
    I tried on separate occasions and couldn't get it to work. I will keep trying.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thank you for your service, Harmony.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Thanks for posting this link. I got right on the site -- must have something to do with the hour of the morning!!

I hope there is more publicity about this and everyone joins in. We may not agree with the war, but we should support those who are voluntarily putting their lives on the line to protect this country and its freedom.

For those that want to do more then send a card, there is an adopt a soldier program where you can send email, snail mail and, if you want, packages.

I adopted a soldier named Jake, who is married and has a daughter who has just turned one. He misses them so much!
    Their web site is Adopt A US Soldier
    Last edited by Photobabe; 12-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Thank you for that link Photobabe. I am going to register for this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread