+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Words You're Tired of Hearing

Re: Buzz Words You're Tired of Hearing

That's sick, meaning its great.

"You know what I'm saying?" blah blah blah "You know what I'm saying" ""You know what I'm saying"

Thought of something else - tired of being told someone has too much "junk in their trunk".
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3760927;
    Thought of something else - tired of being told someone has too much "junk in their trunk".
    I'm tired of being told I have too much junk in my trunk.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Oh I hate to see the wrong use of me or I within a sentence. Usually when it's misused, it is apparent that THEY think they have it right. Which sounds worse. Ok, that didn't sound right.

I agree with the no problem as explained. It's more informal but if said with the sincerity of a "you're welcome" I'll take it.

I hardly ever curse but when I do, it makes my SO laugh his butt off. He just doesn't expect it from me I suppose but I can swear like the sailor's daughters mentioned above when in the right situation and company.

I hate the use of the abbreviated "go with", instead of May I go with you or Do you want me to go with you. They leave off the you. Drives me nuts!

you's.. as in plural for you which is already frikkin plural! and seriously what does you's own?? it's not a proper contraction so it must be possessive right?? lmao when I see the apostrophe and it's not a contraction the thing that always runs through my mind is "you's what?"

I'm tired of Twi-hards and Twi-head and anything else Twi (no offense Stephanie! bless your heart) LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think my all time retchworthy word is "snuck". Yes, I know it's in dictionaries, now included as nonstandard. But in my opinion nonstandard doesn't cut it with "snuck". For chrissake, I've heard news anchors say "snuck". What could they be thinking? "Sneaked" just sounds right, maybe because that's what I learned in grade school.

Ok, a close second: "They hung Saddam Hussein with a rope". If you tell me "That bull is really hung"... well ok, that sounds fine. But I think the evildoer swinging from the rope was actually hanged, not hung.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Ok, I'm posting in the wrong forum. This stuff is just words! So I guess I'll just "swing for the fences" and go over to Grammar. If I don't throw up first.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I had to laugh at this because when I was growing up in NJ, we all said 'you's guys' when referring to a group of people, even if women were in the group. I don't know how it got started but my dad and his family said it so my siblings and I acquired it too. When we moved to GA, we replaced 'you's guys' with 'ya'll' which at least doesn't single out any one gender .

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3760968;
    you's.. as in plural for you which is already frikkin plural! and seriously what does you's own?? it's not a proper contraction so it must be possessive right?? lmao when I see the apostrophe and it's not a contraction the thing that always runs through my mind is "you's what?"

I'm tired of Twi-hards and Twi-head and anything else Twi (no offense Stephanie! bless your heart) LOL
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Another worn out phrase is "In this economy" but unfortunately it sums things up pretty well. I'm tired of hearing it mainly because I wish the economy would hurry up and rebound.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I was going to post about C words spelled with a K!!!

Normally I am a very forgiving and open minded person.
    I was just saying to Mr Nerd the other day, I don't discriminate or judge based on sex, race, sexuality, religion, education level, income level etc...
    But I do think less of anyone who spells a C word with a K. It just turns my face all grimacy!

My mother's town has a Kountry Korner Video store. And we have a Kids Kloset used Klothes here. *BARF*
    I will never step foot in either place. I even shopped at a store called "It'll Do : Used furnature" Which is a sad name sad itself,
    but no way will I support the misuse of the letter K
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread