+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Buzz Words You're Tired of Hearing

Re: Buzz Words You're Tired of Hearing

I'm tired of hearing the media report that job claims (and other things related to the economy) have risen unexpectedly or fallen unexpectedly. I've never heard the word unexpectedly used more than in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3771019;
    Love your answer. Are you a Trekker like me??
    /OT - Yep! and your sig always makes me smile because Voyager was my favorite of the series and Janeway is my favorite captain. That series had the best series finale ever IMO too.

Gutmutter - Thanks for the trivia about Spock, the saying, and the hand gesture!!!

Here's something I've been hearing lately that is starting to urk me.
    Not to be overly snarky but.... it's "irk" Unless you were meaning to type the phonetic representation of a pre-vomit sound.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I'm not a keeper of arcane knowlege, I'm just a friend of Wiki and thought that was really interesting. I think I need a "Friend of Wiki" t-shirt.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3772908;
    I'm not a keeper of arcane knowlege, I'm just a friend of Wiki and thought that was really interesting. I think I need a "Friend of Wiki" t-shirt.
    I'm not a keeper of arcane knowledge either, but not because I don't try. The old brain just doesn't retain bits of trivia like it used to!! I use "Wiki" and "Google" a lot, too.

I have another that I didn't see in my brief skim of this thread, and I promise it has nothing to do with time spent in Bachelor threads: overuse of the word "amazing." "My weekend was amazing." "This bagel is amazing." "I had the most amazing time at ____."

If 25 things in a given day are "amazing," perhaps one ought to reconsider their expectations. Tragedy is, in my view, slowly climbing the charts as well. Everything is either amazing or tragic. There's no middle ground.

Rant over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213