Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone Apps

MRD

Re: iPhone Apps

Restaurant Finder. Must have. Love it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

Has anyone here tried that Tapatalk app for accessing FoRT? FoRT is a pain to access thru Safari on iPhone, but I hesitate to get this app without hearing some feedback from FoRT users...
    Tapatalk is great! Only thing I use to access Fort and easy to work with.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Tapatalk is great! Only thing I use to access Fort and easy to work with.
    Thanks Jluvs, that may just be the prompt I needed to pick up that app!!!

I have one more comment regarding kids and iPod touches/iPhones. A pack of screen protecters and a durable cover are a must!! I prefer a relatively thick, but semi flexible cover because the lightweight ones are too flimsy to really protect the device and most hard covers I have seen seem like they would crack if the device was dropped. Not to say that dropping is recommended with any cover...

MRD

I dropped and cracked the screen on my iPhone less than 12 hours after I got it. The insurance or warranty does not cover the glass. The manager of the Apple store took pity on me and replaced the phone. I immediately bout a hard cover for it and have dropped it since with no problems.

I have an iTouch and now I want an iPhone. Probably not going to happen soon but its nice to daydream.

MRD

We have AT&T, so back in August when our contract was up, we renewed and were able to get the iPhones at a greatly reduced cost. But, now that I have one, I have eliminated my camera, iPod, dayplanner and one more thing that I can't think of at the moment. I can download books to read as well. So, I figure that it has reduced the weight of my purse, made me a lot more organized (love the alerts on the calender function). Also has an alarm clock and GREAT calculator as utilities. I find that it is VERY helpful to have and extremely easy to use. Of course, now I'm addicted to Angry Birds, but that's another story.

Yep - I can get a 3g for 32Gig for $50. I just don't want my phone bill to jump too high. I know you have to have a data plan and I am terrified of going over so I think I would want unlimited.

MRD

I don't remember how much the data plan is. BUT, if you are home, you can connect to your home wifi. If you are not at home, it will search and let you know of wifi's you can use, so you aren't using the data plan as much. I really like that feature. I, who detested not only cell phones, but smart phones, cannot live without mine now. I use it more than my laptop. And I hardly ever actually TALK on it. I also went the extra $100 and got the iPhone 4. Mostly because we couldn't find another 3 in 4 cities and 2 states. My husband has the 3, I have the 4. I like mine so much better than his. Except the flash for the camera is useless, so I downloaded a flashlight app and use it for that. The 3 does not have a camera flash.

I can't remember who suggested Grocery IQ. I downloaded it and now need a lesson on how to use it. How do you use the coupons? and the store aisle thing?

Well, heck...even the best phone camera is really not all that good, so as long as the picture is sharp, why worry?
    I've thought about getting an Iphone when I fire ATT this fall, but I doubt I will. I'm with PGM- they will get their money some kind of way. I just don't enjoy the internet on a small screen, so use it for absolute emergencies only. And since I don't like music going directly into my ears, and the sound isn't all that good otherwise, there goes that use. I rarely listen that much anyway if I'm not at home, so never needed an Ipod. And I never use more than an hour of talk time.

But the advertisements make me want an I phone, dangit.
    Actually, the Droid ads are even funner
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

well I have my iTouch which is so similar but when I can't "checkin" to places b/c of no free wi-fi, I feel so ancient! I will probably bite the bullet and get one for my bday in July.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast