+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your bag?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Oh my! What a lot of business. Well, I'm afraid I won't be doing any of that either.

Me either. I just sit back and let my daughter torture me while she does it for me. lol (actually I usually run and hide from her)
    Member of the Optimistic Pessimist Club

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Aw, GG, we can both share the tiara if you want.
    I thought about it...if I had a tiara, I'd have to do my hair. You look really good in it, too.

Funny side note though: I was discussing something w/ one of the women I work with and all of a sudden she said, "Everytime we talk, I just wanna grab some tweezers and pluck your eyebrows!" I about died laughing...she thought I was a freak so I had to explain this thread to her.

Unfortunately, she still think I'm a freak. One that needs her eyebrows shaped...bahahahahahahaha!

you know, I'm amazed at all the beauty tricks no one ever teaches us. When they drag us girls aside in elementary school to give us pamphlets on "Julie's First Period" they should also do some explaining about brow shaping, hair maintenance, skin care, etc. It's amazing I'm not a pock-marked, straggly-haired, eyebrow-less freak with all the experimenting I've had to do to figure out what works! Somebody should write a manual:
    Chapter One: It's ok to shave your toes
    Chapter Two: Biore Pore Strips will remove your skin
    Chapter Three: Yes, other girls bikini wax. Look into it.
    Chapter Four: How to buff; callused heels are not an option with sandals.
    Chapter Five: Mousse or gel for fine hair? The debate rages on.

And Cosmo is no help, unless you want advice on how to apply weird blue eyeshadow under your eyes.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Lucy use a little talk w/any waxing or stripping and it won't take you skin..

I absolutely agree. My mom made me go to Charm school and we learned a lot of those tips there. I was in the 4,5,6th grade.
    But, now as a mom when my daughter has to start learning that stuff, you better bet I will be teaching her or taking her to a great counter to get it all!!

I'm not having any hootchie mama in this house!!

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Lucy use a little talk w/any waxing or stripping and it won't take you skin..

I absolutely agree. My mom made me go to Charm school and we learned a lot of those tips there. I was in the 4,5,6th grade.
    But, now as a mom when my daughter has to start learning that stuff, you better bet I will be teaching her or taking her to a great counter to get it all!!

I'm not having any hootchie mama in this house!!
    Use "talk"? Talc?
    Talking of taking your daughter to a "great counter", I used to have a roommate who was appalled that I would buy my makeup at Walmart. She refused to put anything on her skin that did not come from an upscale cosmetics counter. (she was probably right, she did have great skin).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    Na..my boyfriend is a dermatologist and it's all the same. I would only take her to the counter for the tips and application lesson. I love taking my bf to Wal-mart and letting him read ingredients for me and advise and watch him laugh at what some claim! So, I took his advice and get the majority from Wal-mart too. There are a few that I like simply for the packaging or color from places like Mac or I love the colors of Laura Mercie lip glosses but for the main stuff cheap is fine w/me! My favs are the fun stuff from Benefit which is a more expensive brand but I love all the neat things they have like the benetint, dandelion powder all that. None are "skin" products though. For me to clean it is cetaphil for dry skin and then oil of olay moisturizer w/spf. Basically my bf says the best thing is to be as gentle as you can w/your skin and try not to strip it and then SUNSCREEN!!!! The rest is pretty much personal prefrence as long as it is non-comedogenic it is fine and if you have an acne problem to see a derm and get treatment because noone should suffer from it anymore as there are a lot of treatments out there.

OH and it's talc!! Sorry!

Amen on the Oil of Olay w/spf. I don't think that there's a better moisturizer than Oil of Olay.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    I have been using that one since I was 13!! Love it!

FORT Fogey
    I always have:

Finesse extra moisturiazing shampoo & conditioner
    Sebastian WET hair stuff
    Contact lens solution
    And my current addiction is Victoria's Secret's Lovespell scent. I have body wash, lotion, spray, etc.

"What's in my bag? Like it's just oregano, dude. I'm a chef!"

+ Reply to Thread