+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your bag?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I think that its just when they hand the receipt to you, it suddenly feels all important.
    You're right. I think it might be because when you do buy a big ticket item, the sales person will usually make it a point to hand the receipt to you with the caveat to keep it in a safe place for warranty/rebate/return purposes. We're probably conditioned that when the receipt is handed to you, you need to keep it.

Sorry to stray so far off topic. So i'll get back a to it.

What's inside my wife's bag - Stuff. and thats all I want to know about it
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I officially declare myself the most low-maintenance gal here.

I don't even have a proper lady's "bag". I keep a wallet w/ my cards, cash, and receipts. And I stick a Vanilla Lipsmackers in the little pouch that also carries my tape recorder. That's it. Seriously.

And my morning routine is equally minimalist. Fructis shampoo (no time to apply conditioner - since my FoRt addiction and my academic obligations take up most of my time), Colgate toothpaste, Clean & Clear Facial Cleanser, and Skintelligence Normalizer. Oh, and once in a blue moon I'd remember to actually *use* the St. Ives Facial Cream that's presently languishing on my closet shelf.

Oh, and I have a tweezer, too, but I only tweeze my eyebrows once every week or so. No prep work, just done cold w/ a bit of astringent. My friends are amazed that TPTB haven't punished me for my laziness/audacity yet by gifting me with holes in my brows.

No lotions. No creams. No foundations. No powders. No blush. No mascara. No eyeshadows. No bronzers. No nail polish. No ....well, you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Oh, and I have a tweezer, too, but I only tweeze my eyebrows once every week or so. No prep work, just done cold w/ a bit of astringent. My friends are amazed that TPTB haven't punished me for my laziness/audacity yet by gifting me with holes in my brows.

I usually do my own eyebrows (although I have had them waxed before if I happen to be at the salon when they need to be done) and I don't do any prep work either. I don't even use astringent. Just tweeze those errant hairs right out of there. I'm 28 and haven't ended up with any horrible brow disfigurment yet, so I think that you're safe
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

There's suppose to be prep work when you tweeze your eyebrows? Holy crap! I had no idea.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Yeah, I didn't know that either. Oops. I usually do mine in the car. The sunlight makes the little stray ones a lot more visible.

I'm intrigued by the "prep work." What does it involve?

I officially declare myself the most low-maintenance gal here.
    I officially trump that declaration! I wear lipstick. That's it. I don't tweeze anything or color anything. Whatever lotion is on the counter is what I slap on my face. I hate carrying around a bag of goo, but I even more dislike spending time putting it on.

I do, however, use my face scrub once a week in the winter because it's so dry here. I used to be more "high-maintenance" but I got kinda sick of it...lol.

Dang, I guess I'd be boring at a make-over slumber party.

I do have a soft spot for bath stuff, though...so maybe we're even.

Aw, GG, we can both share the tiara if you want.

I don't think I use *any* bath products. Just soap I scrummage from the closet (usu. Dove or Lever).

As for "prepping" the eyebrows...yeah, I didn't know that, neither - until a friend of mind saw me do mine and proceeded to lecture me on the "proper" method of tweezing.

Apparently, you're supposed to soften the brow hairs first using cotton balls dipped in warm water, then measure with an eyebrow pencil to make sure the arch is right or what not, then you're supposed to draw in the shape you want your brows to be with the brow pencil, and then you start by tweezing from the centre of your face, and under your brows, not up...you're also supposed to use two hands to do this: one hand actually tweezing and the other pulling the skin flat to make sure the hair goes out easily and doesn't cause infection...and oh yeah, after it's all done, you should wipe your brow area with an astringent or wash with a cleanser to lessen the pain. Plus, I think she also mentioned "trimming" the hairs with scissors after tweezing.

Anyhoo.

As for "prepping" the eyebrows...yeah, I didn't know that, neither - until a friend of mind saw me do mine and proceeded to lecture me on the "proper" method of tweezing.

Apparently, you're supposed to soften the brow hairs first using cotton balls dipped in warm water, then measure with an eyebrow pencil to make sure the arch is right or what not, then you're supposed to draw in the shape you want your brows to be with the brow pencil, and then you start by tweezing from the centre of your face, and under your brows, not up...you're also supposed to use two hands to do this: one hand actually tweezing and the other pulling the skin flat to make sure the hair goes out easily and doesn't cause infection...and oh yeah, after it's all done, you should wipe your brow area with an astringent or wash with a cleanser to lessen the pain. Plus, I think she also mentioned "trimming" the hairs with scissors after tweezing.

Anyhoo.
    Geez, no one tells me these things. No wonder my eyebrows always end up asymmetrical.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Oh my! What a lot of business. Well, I'm afraid I won't be doing any of that either.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread